Dogomania

A Little about ourselves....

:lol: hello, I would just like to introduce myself to you all, my name is Patricia(pat for short) I have eight lovely racing whippets, four of them are retired from racing due to old age and are happy to lay in front of the fire on race days, that is except when we go on our hollidays, then when we have hooked the caravan on to the car the dogs are lined up at the front door whith their leads and coats ready to go.....I am so pleased to meet you all and look forward to posting in Dogomania :lol: 8) :)

Guest Anonymous

[color=blue]WELCOME PAT![/color][size=7][/size]

I was watching the Emergancy Vets this morning, and there was a whippet on it! They are such cute little dogs! Unfortanatly this dog (who was a racer I do believe... but I think she was retired... or that because of her accident she was going to retire? I'm not quite sure...) but she was playing and slipped a disc in her spine :o It was so sad, but luckly it was a happy ending, they figured it all out and fixed her up :wink: (I just love that one vet! He is so nice! LOL [and not that bad lookin :wink: ] I usually watch the show just to see him! LOL)
But anywho, you will soon become adicted! Some people can get REALLY hooked on this site, and I have a feelin your guna be one of them! (although I'm sure you won't be as bad as Pik! :o :wink: )

:D what a lovely welcome, nice to meet you all, we have a whippet who hurt her back whilst coming out of the traps at a race meeting up scotland, she could not stand and was in the vets for a week, when i brought her home i massaged her legs and magna probed her back, one day two weeks later she just got out of her cage and waddled behind me, she still has a slight wobble on her back leg and we know she will never race again but, we are happyand so is she, she still has some quality of life and plays like a puppy, she is 7 years old now and we love her and the others to bits bless em :D :D :D :D