Dogomania

BLACK Aussie?!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I came across this site here that says there's Back Australian Shepherds! Yeah, that's right, BLACK NOT Black Tri! (the difference? Black Tri have brown trimming) The four colors of an Aussie are 'pose to be Black Tri, Blue Merle, Red Merle, and Red Tri (Hazel's Daddy was a Red Tri). At this site, their saying the colors are Red Merle, Red Tri, Blue Merle, and Black!!! :WTF:
[url]http://www.maculated.com/1/1.html[/url]
I think they mighta got some info wrong...

Actually black IS an acceptable color, though I have never seen one either. (The only was I know this is that I just looked on the AKC site. :D )

And it DOES say black, with or without white and/or tan markings.

IMO, though, the dog on the site you listed looks like a mix.

The only colors Ihave seen myself are, Blue Merle, Red Merle, Red Tri, Black TRI, Black Bi (Black with tan trim but NO white trim) and Red Bi ( Red with Tan but not white trim) :D

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, my friend's Blue Merle Aussie has one eye that's blue and brown...
Weird... but see at this site too it said it has to be PITCH BLACK.
They should have also listed the other colors then too....

Yeah, I just found out yesterday about Black Bi and Red in "mini" aussies, so I was guna check to see if they were in the standard Aussie but had to log off :x

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 12 week old Blue Merle Aussie that I got from a rescue group and he has no white on him. But has brown eyes. And the place where I got him from have a web page and there are several all black Aussies on there. It is not a rare thing. I have seen them. I love my dog he is all Blue Merle no white no copper no nothing just the merle. He is a doll!!

Aussielover,

I had an Aussie that was all blue merle, too. He didn't have any red or copper coloring in him. He was really cool looking. I lost him in an accident a while ago. I sure miss him and his antics. He was the best running partner and he did so many funny things. He sure kept me entertained. He could also catch the hell out of a frisbee. I really miss him.

Slim

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your aussie, I want to teach mine to do frisbee. And maybe a little bit of agility or something. But right now he is just a little thing so I have to wait till he gets older so I don't mess up his legs. And he is spoiled rotten but oh well he is my :lilangel:

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

Double Mereles are deaf, blind or both. I have a Aussie who's double blue merele and he's deaf. but got great eye site! He's got one Crystal blue eye and one green eye that has 1 dot of bright blue.. i get lost looking his eyes. they are beautiful!