Dogomania

BENSAM

Hobbit

I dont know, I dont know. It's Sunday 8.30am. Ben has had me up one minute and down the next. There were encouraging signs but now he is very lethargic. I thought he had a little sight from some reactions and his hearing was so much better. He was taking an interest in sounds around him. Last couple of days have been stinkers, 110degrees + so I'm hoping it's just the heat. When I take him out to toilet he squats, wees, etc. then just sags down. Carry him back in and he lays down and sleeps, no interest in anything. He is still eating and drinking OK so I guess that's good. Wish this b.... weather would cool down. Poor old Aussie is copping some dreadful bushfires, none in my area as yet but most summers we get an outbreak up this way from lightning strikes and I dont need that.

How are Mei Mei's pups going and how is Guy? To anyone having troubles I send my best wishes, I start to go through the forum but just cant seem to catch up with everything going on. One sick dog seems to take more time than when I had the kids small and they all got measles or whatever together!

I hope it is just the heat for Ben. Today is a lot cooler, nothing like the 38C they were forecasting so hopefully it's cooler up your end too. Come on Ben, we are all sending positive thoughts to you! :angel:

Mei-Mei- how are the pups? hope it is good news and not bad. :angel:

As far as I know Guy is going well, not long now before he's active. :angel:

Wednesday 10.30am. By Sunday lunchtime Ben was running a temp. still very lethargic, so off to the Vet. Ben is on anti-biotics for a week. Today he seems a bit brighter and stronger, he walked further up the yard on a lead with me trailing behind, first time he has gone past the grass outside the back door.
His eyesight is still a puzzle, sometimes seems to have a little then later will walk into something.

Where's Mei Mei? Or have I missed something?

That's great news Mei Mei. Know what you mean about the bills, I'm not looking forward to mine altho. my Vet. has the policy that all follow-up visits for the same condition he doesn't charge a consulation, just for any meds. tests, etc. Blood tests here aren't cheap and I'm surprized Ben has any blood left, he did so many. Prognosis is just a 'wait and see'. Lot of fluid behind his eyes is hopefully all that is affecting his sight. His hearing has improved and appears to be getting sense of smell back. As it is a 6 weeks course of meds. I am praying his sight will also improve.

A very cautious update - Last couple of days Ben has shown periods of improvement. He will sleep very heavily for a few hours then seems a bit stronger when I take him out. I think his eyesight or lack of, is affecting him quite a bit. Yesterday he went for a slow walk right around the yard by himself, (with me hovering a few feet behind). Veered around most things but did bump into others. Tonight he found his way from the lounge room to the kitchen when I was getting their meal ready, I neary cried when I turned around and there he was!
At the moment he is sleeping his big adventure off. So for now I am having a few more "up" times and starting to hope for a good outcome.