Dogomania

Favorite thing about your dog...

abker17

What's your favorite thing about your dog, personality-wise. How about least favorite?

For Abby, I love that she's kept the kind of curiousity you see in young dogs and puppies. She always looks at me when I talk to her like she's trying to pick out key words that she understands. She also often watches when I'm doing a task as if she's trying to figure it out. She's really like a small child, and it's neat having a dog so curious and interested in the world around her.

My least favorite thing about Abby would probably be the dog aggression. I feel like she's missing out on being able to play with other dogs and socialize. But she certainly doesn't seem to mind. :lol:

What I love about Cracker is how laid back and sweet she is. She might never tear up an agility course or win any awards but she's a good dog. :D

My least favorite thing about Cracker is how fearful she is of everything and everyone. Like Abby, I feel like that makes her miss out on alot of normal doggie experiences.

most favorite? Free is the house guardian. no one gets past her.

Laurel is the gentle dog, useless as a guard dog but a good warner, everyone fears her bay.

least favorite?

Free is the house guardian. no one gets past her
including the pizza delivery guy....or UPS...or the Post Office...

Laurel is the gentle dog, useless as a guard dog but a good warner, everyone fears her bay.

so the neighbors think she's a wolf and either turn me in out of fear, or because they think she's being strangled...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are so many things that I could call my favorites about each of my puppers that it's hard to pick one, but here goes:

My favorite thing about Jackie is how wiggly and smiley she gets when I come home. She HAS to have something in her mouth when she greets me, even if it's a tiny little piece of paper. And when I say "Look at what Jackie has!" she almost wiggles right out of her skin.

My least favorite thing about Jackie is that because she's an extremely well-behaved dog and she gets a lot of privileges the other two don't get, she flaunts it. I let her be off leash when we're at the lake, and she'll jump back and forth from the water to the shore. Of course, Maya wants to jump out too, but she's on a check cord.

My favorite thing about Maya is how cuddly she is. She's a very touchy-feely-leaner doggie My least favorite thing about Maya is that I can't trust her off leash.

My favorite thing about Pooh Bear is how cuddly he is and his puppy curiosity which REALLY shows in his face. He's my little shadow and follows me everywhere. My least favorite thing about Pooh Bear is, of course, the barking at squirrels.

I actually could go on and on about all my favorite things about my three dogs, but there really aren't too many things about any of them that I don't like.

Favorite Things:

China- She's respectful and naturally well-mannered. Which is a good thing because having ti teach basic manners to my little imbecile would be an un-ending task.

Zoey- She's in tune with me, most of the time she knows what I want from her before I can spit it out. I also love her spirit, it takes quite a dog to skip everywhere she goes.

Least Favorite Things:

China- The hair... Oh god no, please no more hair!!!

Zoey- She's an incorrigable theif, and a d@mn good one at that. You can watch her walk past something (table,desk, chair etc...) and only be left with the feeling that something's missing.

My fave thing about Zebra is that he is such a goof. He always manages to do something funny or cute that makes me laugh. Wether it be him jumping up and down when I get home or him sleeping on a toy, he always makes me laugh.

Least Fave thing-His Dr.Jekell/Mr.Hyde personality. He can turn into a mean groweling dog in a split second. :(

My favourite thing about BK, if I had to pick just one thing, would be his attitude: a seething mass of contradictions. He pretends to be tough but he's a sook inside. He likes to push his luck to the limit and it's amusing to watch him try it on when it's not your luck he's pushing. He's overjoyed to see you and then gets over it in five minutes and wants to go back to being tough dog again. He wants a pat and a belly rub, but doesn't want to get out of bed in order to receive it, so lies in his bed thumping his tail and looking cute, knowing you'll give in and go over to him. Everything has to be on his terms and while it can get annoying it's very endearing.

The least favourite thing would be how he likes to hump other dogs at the dog park. The worst thing is he knows he's not allowed to do it but he does it anyway just to test the boundaries. Gah!

[u]Cricket[/u] good- Calm, nothing phases her, very brave with the big dogs.Bad: very brave with [i]any[/i] big dog.
[u]Bug [/u]good: Follows commands flawlessly, even tho she may think it's not a good idea. Bad: Wants nothing to do with anyone but me.
[u]Merlin[/u] good: Loves people- very friendly. Bad: Loves people, very friendly, slows down in races to greet everyone... :roll:
[u]Happy [/u]good: Loves other dogs/puppies. Bad: Has a nervous habit of nibbling the hair off of her knees.
[u]Zeus[/u] good: Very loyal, will jump off a cliff for you. Bad: See previous statement.
[u]Bernie [/u]good: Ummm, let me think. Bad: Barks too much and thinks he's in charge
[u]Tynan[/u] good: Has a wonderful clear howl and loves hugs. Bad: Hates her sister Woofy.
[u]Woofy[/u] good: Hard worker (No brain/no pain...) Bad: Hates her sister Tynan, barks at other dogs during races.
[u]George[/u] good: Is the happiest dog I've ever owned. Bad: Trys to herd you .
[u]Dot[/u] good: Calm and friendly, likes to play carefully with Cricket. Bad: Dumb as a rock.
[u]Gemma[/u] good: Works hard, loves to please. Bad: Is scared of her own shadow.
Topaz good: Loves attention . Bad: Won't settle down- too hyper.

[b]Carson:[/b]
Good - He's a love bug, he loves attention, and he could go for hours running or playing or anything. I love that he's a goof, and trips over his own feet. He'll bark when no ones walking by the house, and comes to drag me downstairs to show that no ones there. Whatta dork. :lol:

Bad - He doesnt know when enough is enough. He can keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and no stops for anything and.. he wears me out lol. He also has a bad nipping habit that I dont like too much. :roll:

Kes: Shes mine!!! Allllllll mine :D thats very good hehe. What I love about her is that her drive and will is immensely strong. Stronger than I have seen in a BC puppy before and because I'm going to be channelling that power through obedience/agility/SAR etc, she is going to be an amazing strong dog to work with and to be my partner. :D I love the way she twitches when she sleeps and looks so innocent and sweet and when I come home from work and she descends on me with so much joy like she hasn't seen me for days. I never had that before, with Meg she went mad of course when i went to her house but its special that when i come home feeling crap, Kes is there to hug. I love the way that when I lie in her crate with her when i settle her at night, she snuggles up to me and sighs sweetly nuzzling her head under my chin. :iloveyou:

Bad things: well shes a little tear away puppy :lol: with a lot to learn but her enthusiasm for doing things at 100 mph is good for what our future plans are. :D