Dogomania

HELP! I seriously don't know what's wrong!

ok well, today is Clea's frontline day, so I went out to give her a bath and to my horror, under her ear i found something. Its so scary, sort of like a lump, and a hole..
I can't explain, I'm so overwhelmed I can't imagine what it could be, but there's a slightly smaller one a little lower.
I'm beating myself up because i don't know how I could not have noticed this..
If something happens to her I'll never forgive myself...
ok you guys, any idea what it could be?

Your description is a little vague, but at a guess I'd say it may be a small abscess from a tick/insect bite. Which brings us to another matter: You said you were going to give Clea a bath, presumabley before applying Frontline. The basic principle of Frontline is that it needs the natural oils in the skin to disperse all over the body and become effective, obviously when you bath your dog you are cleaning those oils away. I think that somewhere in the packaging it tells you to wait two days before and two days after applying the Frontline before bathing your dog. I usually give it five days just to be sure.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='behle']Depending on the size of the hole it sounds sort of like a bot fly larva has made a home in her. :o

If so, the vet will sort it out.

Good luck.[/quote]

That was my first thought . The vet will get it out. My advice (which maybe a bit late) is not to watch them take it out.

[quote name='Tammy'][quote name='behle']Depending on the size of the hole it sounds sort of like a bot fly larva has made a home in her. :o

If so, the vet will sort it out.

Good luck.[/quote]

That was my first thought . The vet will get it out. My advice (which maybe a bit late) is not to watch them take it out.[/quote]
Oooh too late she already did :-? . I'm not nad, but will update for all you Dogoers.. Clea had ringworm. :( Nad will fill in the rest..

Guest Anonymous

my vet said the same thing about the frontline (wait at least 2-3 days). If you're in a hurry to apply it, make sure the coat is completely dry. Which might take a day for longer/double coat dogs. Like Kiani (sammy) and Moogle (corgi).