Dogomania

My blood is boiling!

The more people I talk to in my canine behavioural consultations, the more people are saying that they were in my ex- club and walked out because of the trainer's attitude to training...my ex trainer (who for now will remain nameless) who actually didn't train me at all. I trained Meg myself. This man is rude and he is arrogant and enjoys showing people up and over these years I have had a gutfull of his nasty comments to the point now where I haven't been back to the dog club and will not go back with Kes or ever for that matter, (funny enough the comments seemed to get nastier when Meg was younger starting out and took over his older more experienced dog when she started to move up the classes...). Tonight what I heard however made my blood boil.:chainsaw1:

I had a very nice lady tonight with a young chocolate labrador bitch for basic command training. Again she had been at the dog club and he (the trainer) was arrogant to her and patronising. Further more he took her young sweet tempered dog off her and shoved the wee dog under the nose of an aggressive GSD to attempt to "train" the GSD. When the GSD snapped at the lab, the trainer slapped him.:wallbash: :WTF: I am appalled at that! Its people like him who give us compassionate trainers like me a bad name! I am rip raging with such a display of behaviour and like I say it isn't the first person who has reported negative comments about him. I am now considering taking the matter further to the kc.

I would surely report this idiot to all who would listen. Is the trainer the owner of the club? If not, I'd certainly start with them.
The lady with the lab isn't going back there is she? I would, with a baseball bat and let him try and do something like that with my dog!

Kat, the "old school" still exists out there. I see it all the time with people who took their dogs to trainers who said the dogs should be "hung by their leash and choke chain" for disobedience. do you have any idea how ballistic that makes me? really, the bat has come to mind many times..

or rather, a choker on the trainer. lets see how YOU like it....

:evilbat:

explain that you are a "positive reinforcement" trainer, who doesnt believe in the "old school" crap about hurting dogs to train them. you can have them call me if you want. I will tell them all about the aggressive dogs I have tamed using no more than pack rules and some firm discipline....firm as in consistent, not abusive....

8)

let me know if I can help you.

:o

I hope the lady with the chocolate lab never returns for further training with him! He sounds a angry and controlling to me. Also, irresponsible to model such inappropriate methods. He needs to be reported. It would be good if those who were complaining to you did the reporting so you aren't caught in the middle.

Have you suggested that to the owners who have been complaining to you?

If he had slapped my dog he would have got a very full earful and would never see my dog again! :evil:

courtnek: for someone who takes every opportunity to proclaim your alpha status in your pack, i find your quote "control freaks" to be ironic. now i am not saying that you are heavy handed with your dogs like this jerk because i am sure you're not.

when i read posts from people who frequent here i get a mental image of my perception of that person. when i see a post by you i think - nilif and "alpha" or "respect my authoritaaaay." so you can imagine my surprise when i read your comment! :D