Dogomania

Pooh Bear got his stitches out today!

I took Pooh Bear to the vet today, and he got his stitches and staples out. His incision looks great. The vet was happy with Pooh Bear's progress, although he would like him to be using his leg a little bit more. He's using his "new" leg more and more every day. The vet said that Pooh Bear can go ahead and romp with his sisters. I'm going to put his no-bite collar on him at night when I'm at work for a while, but other than that he'll be free from extra stuff.

I'm going to start taking him to the lake to go swimming. That'll be the best therapy for him. Unfortunately, our lake isn't real clean, so he'll be nice and skanky when he gets out. Oh well...

On the way home, we went to Petsmart, and of course Pooh Bear was a big hit there. He got to make a few new doggie friends and lots of people friends. And he already knows where the treats are at the check-out counter.

[quote name='xavierandrea']JM I thought I was going crazy when I saw this in another post. Did someone make a booboo???? :drinking: LOL.... I'm glad to see Pooh Bear on the road to recovery!!!![/quote]

LOL - well, you may be going crazy, but yes, somehow it ended up in the "what would your dog kill for" thread. I thought I had started a new one, but somehoe it ended up there, so I deleted it from there.

Must have been another blonderheimers moment!

Guest Anonymous

YAY!!! great news!!!!!!! is he getting his other hip fixed as well? i can't remeber.. give him a big hug for me..!! :)

[quote name='DeafAussieLover']YAY!!! great news!!!!!!! is he getting his other hip fixed as well? i can't remeber.. give him a big hug for me..!! :)[/quote]

He has very mild HD in his other hip, and at this time we're not doing anything with that hip, and hopefully won't have to.

Thanks guys!

Guess what Pooh Bear did today? He scratched an itch on his side with his left foot, which is the leg that was operated on! That's the first time that he's scratched with that foot since his surgery! And I found a special little spot on his back that will make him move that leg if I scratch the spot, which is also good exercise for him! I'm going to take him to the lake to swim this weekend, hopefully both days. Hopefully I'll get some pictures too.