Dogomania

ARRGGGHH....people....

courtnek

ok I have two large dogs, a lab X and a foxhound. 75 and 65 lbs. not giants, but considered large.

they are in the back yard, fenced all the way around, and out front a 6
foot privacy fence that looks at a fairly busy street, thats why privacy and so high. in front of that is about 30 feet of my front yard, before you hit the sidewalk which belongs to the city.

so, I am in the house, my dogs are in the yard (they have been inside all day and now get their play time outside since I'm home) and my son is out in the detached garage. the yard is in between the house and the garage, the fence goes out all the way to the beginning of the front of the
garage. and the yard goes back 80 feet behind the garage and the house.

so, I'm making dinner, and watching the dogs out the window, when they both go running up to the gate (on the privacy fence) and start barking.
not really unusual, since they will bark at people that walk by on the sidewalk. I see bits and pieces of a gold dog (through the slats in the wood privacy fence) right up against the gate, and the dogs are barking at it. not nasty, just barking. then I hear a guy yell..HEY YOU, KID, PUT THOSE DOGS INSIDE BEFORE THEY GET OUT!

HUH? they CANT get out...the gate is padlocked, and neither of them can jump it.....my son comes out and says "why is your dog off of leash? there is a leash law in this town, and not only is your dog off of leash, but you are standing on OUR property telling us to put OUR dogs in from our own yard? Get OVER yourself, and get your dog off my lawn..."

well this guy gets his undies in a twist and starts yelling that his dog is perfectly behaved off leash, and has never left his side before, but MY dogs must have done something to make her break her excellent training.... (yea, like BARK maybe?)

I entered the fray at that point...asked him why his dog was offleash, since it is illegal in this town, and he actually called me a number of nasty things and said his dog didnt require a leash EVER, until today....

OK I should have been nice, maybe, but after the abusive language I said
"Ok here are your options. Put your dog on a leash if you are going to walk past my house, or GET OFF MY PROPERTY...NOW..." and I took out my phone and told him I was calling AC.

an hour later, AC shows up here and says I threatened him and he reported my dogs as vicious, because they attacked the fence to get at his dog...which they didnt, they were just barking....fortunately my neighbor next door had seen the whole thing, and he stood up for me.

so what do I do with this guy? I did tell them his dog was offleash and ran up to my gate, and they checked the yard and the fence and padlock and said everything was in perfect shape....but now this guy is PO'd....

sometimes I hate people.

:roll:

What a great son! Good for him!

Don't you just hate neighbors? Actually I only hate one of my neighbors; the other neighbors all like my dogs. I can't believe that idiot called AC on you! GEEZ! I want his brain when he dies, because it obviously hasn't been used!

[quote name='courtnek']that he does...his dad says its my fault.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

It's to your credit! 8)

The angry fellow was in the wrong, but people like him can never see past their own self-interest.....