Dogomania

OhK..I think I've figured out why I've never been bitten....

cuz I'm the biggest bitch in the lot...

Free tried to steal Lore's bone. Lore "objected"...vehemently. a snapfest erupted, both dogs standing their ground over the bone and snapping/snarling....I stepped in and stomped, yelled, and smacked both of them upside the head. its kinda like having kids, NO FIGHTING!!!

picked up the bone, put it away and then yelled at both of the to 'LAY DOWN AND SHUT UP!! NOW!!'

they did. I have learned over the years that this is not the "correct" manner in which to stopa brawl..it works for me. they are now both laying down and looking apologetic....

I only do this when the "bitch wars" break out...it seems to work...

:evilbat:

LOL, I'll have to keep that in mind if my girls ever decide to scrap again.

There was only one time they got into a fight with eachother. I still don't know what it was about, but my instant reaction was to pick my boot up and bounce it off of both their craniums. That seemed to do the trick, and the funny thing is that neither of them would be caught dead in the same room as the other for a week after that. Just like a couple of adolescent girls.

I've been bitten by a dog.. twice! :o (never really thought to count)
First time was by our Pom Polo, he bit my hand, on the soft spot, sort of between your thumb and index finger, don't really remember why though :oops: and the second time was when I first got Clea, she was sort of play fighting with the neighbour's dog, and i got bitten by her(neighbour's dog) whilst trying to seperate them when it got too rough..Again, on my thumb!

[quote name='nadooshkinz'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']I've never been bitten.. but I was chased by a bull once. :o

[size=2]Okay, it was a young bull but it was still scary![/size][/quote]
Chased by a bull? :lol: Please, go on...[/quote]
No, I'm serious! :lol: We were at my Uncles farm and he had this huge empty (or so I thought) pen. I went inside and saw the young "cute" (again, or so I thought) bull. I tried to get it to come to me but I guess I ticked it off pretty bad since it started stamping its feet. I (stupidly) didn't get it and continued to coax him over (I guess loud gestures wasn't the right thing?) and he started to chase me! :o Thankfully a guy who worked at the farm saved me in time.. but what an experience that was!

You know I think luck has everything to do with it. Some folks will only just get near a dog for the first time in their lives and be horribly mauled for it. And then others of us will be subject to numerous animal assaults throughout their lives and come out relatively unscathed. They're just lucky like that.