Dogomania

update and question

Baileysmom

I seem to remember someone (TX maybe?) asking how Bongo is doing and I dont think I ever really answered :oops: sorry.....
For the most part, things are the same - his tumor is visibly larger and is gradually, as expected, causing more discomfort in his mouth. Last night was the first time he refused to eat his food :( the vet said refusing to eat would be the first signs he is getting closer to the end :cry: we did coax him to eat some table scraps :oops: and cheese (which Im sure is not good for him since he still has trouble with a constipation type problem, but we were desperate to get him to eat)
anyway - the question I have is, is there a good way to clean "eye goobers" other than just water and a wash cloth? the tumor is large enough that it is "squinting" his eye so it runs alot. I clean it as much as I can, but it seems to hurt if I put any pressure on the lump, and no matter what I do there is dried goop under his eye......
any suggestions?

Guest Anonymous

So sorry to hear that he's not wanting to eat BM... know that i'm here for you if you ever need anything.. and know that Boonie is up there waiting so they can run off and mark all over the place up there and laugh becuase they know we know they are doing it.. ;) *hugs*

Sorry to hear bongo isnt feeling great. In answer to your question with our Bulldogs we use 1 cup of boiled water with 1 teaspoon of cooking salt left to cool then we use this solution and make up pads to wipe, drying the area with a dry make up pad? Not sure weather this will help bongo. Good luck.