Dogomania

Anybody have experience with Muttluks?

eric

Just ordered these for Zeke.

[url]http://www.muttluks.com/our_products/product_02.php[/url]

The big boys are fine in the cold weather, but Zeke's feet get cold right away in even mildly cold (-10 Deg C) weather and he starts lifting paws.

From what I've read they're pretty good, and these are the ones the NYPD requested for the dogs working at Ground Zero.

Just wondering if anybody has experience with these?

I have, I have, and Patti love's them :iloveyou: She doesn't like the cold snow on her feet but loves to lay in it :stupid: . I originally got them for her when her pad was torn off. I notice it was torn the day after I adopted her she was limping really bad but once I put them on her she was a brand new doggy!!! They are greeeeaaat!!! Zeke will love then too!!

Toto is a big baby he puts them on but won't walk in them he just stands there looking at me like I am the crazy one for putting them on his feet. I had one dog years ago that has since passed away I had never seen anything like it. I put them on her and she proceeded to leap in the air and shake all her feet at the same time and they flew off. :lol: I never tried them again with her. So for me personally dogs aren't going for it. But then I live in California I just didn't want them to get muddy feet but we really don't need them.

I'm thinking about getting some of these as well. Pixie, I think because her fur is more fluffy, doesn't seem to mind the snow at all. She'll be nosing around in it (the one day we've had snow this year!) and I'll have to go drag her out to go back inside. Peanut on the other hand is not a fan of snow. He takes a couple of steps into the snow then whip back around and stand on the doorstep to be let back in. I got some little booties from Petco, but they don't fit well on his eensy feet they end up sliding down and so he walks like he's wearing clown shoes or swim flippers. These look like they'd be more comfortable to wear.

I got my dog Muttluks last year and they are great! I tried cheapie brands but they didn't stay on and Muttluks do.

Very important - make sure you order the correct size, just big enough for the dog's feet. If they are too large, they will twist around and be uncomfortable.

My dog prances like a circus pony when she gets them on, but I know she loves not having her feet freeze! :D

Ooooooooohhhh, these are the exact same kind Rocco had. They were sent with him when we adopted him and they are VERY durable. Since Rocco was paralyzed in his back end, we put them on his back feet to keep him from skinning his tootsies up, so the booties were drug all over the place. Of course, we had to put them on him backward so the leather was on TOP of his feet because of the way he "walked," dragging his feet behind him, but they held up quite well. They were also tossed in the washing machine daily (Rocco would poop and drag his feet through it :oops: ), so for all the washings and draggings and abuse they took, I don't think you could find anything more durable.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XwDxAqgeG!cxEK2bnXJI5COdI0KDeBUdRwPicOCn0mweLAyLH5JcaL0LL89lIdxQITz*VllVYmawGg8lfeqvmQG1!5IwH08qOiLf2dUA5AXAa1nqGGHQOrp4z*4e5C61RODlofrzqAI/Rocco%20run.jpg?dc=4675472358295431651[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZACJAqsgtacxEK2bnXJI5AE6kwirc*8ucsBQurLb96VUF*EoIV8!2fhHlouU3JGvDjFUXM67YE3zPwUxiz2IR6*2vqAQx!MB2A754TDUYKaRUV1**h!yweeE8ow!HRWZ0MwAH6AKmMp2fFWS1WT4mA/Rocco%20standing.jpg?dc=4675472358300453581[/img]

Thanks. I printed off their sizing chart got Zeke to stand on it.

I'm curious to see how he's going to react. I hope he doesn't just spend all his time tricking to take them off.

[quote name='pLaurent']
Very important - make sure you order the correct size, just big enough for the dog's feet. If they are too large, they will twist around and be uncomfortable.

My dog prances like a circus pony when she gets them on, but I know she loves not having her feet freeze! :D[/quote]