Dogomania

Missing Toddler Found Guarded By Family Dog

Guest Anonymous

[img]http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/clap.gif[/img] to the pupper for taking care of his girl.

But I'd love to slap the parents who left a two year old unsupervised to where she could get lost in the first place!

UGH! Even with 3 older kids my almost 2 year old doesn't go outside with out me.

Well, my aunt lets her 2 year old outside alone all the time and her dog always follows him and makes sure hes ok. Once they got out of the fence and were out in the street, but the dog protected him from everyone. She barked and barked and anyone who came by him.

I dont agree with her letting him go outside alone but the stoires are similar. I am proud of the dog in the story and my lil Slippers who protected my lil cousin. Dogs are very loyal and its no suprise they do what they do.

Guest Anonymous

I guess maybe I'm overly protective of my children. My doors have not only dead bolts on them but also slide locks...not to keep people out but to keep toddlers in.

As I said above I do not allow my almost two year old out side with out me there are to many wacko's out there...dog or no dog that can harm a child.

Forgot to mention I don't leave my child alone unsupervised with the dogs! It isn't that I don't trust my dogs it's just that anything can/will/has happened!

Guest Anonymous

Awwe! That's so sweet...

My parents thought they lost my sister Kat once... but then they found her behind the toliet sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOOD JOB THUNDER!!!!!

but I agree, a two year is too young to be left out alone. Especially since they do "scamper off" as soon as you turn your back. Although, she may have let herself into the yard while mom's back was turned. that's always a possibility.

Guest Anonymous

i have mixed emotions i have a 2yo and a 3yo. they are never outside w/o me but even w/ me its hard cause usually one goes one way and the other goes the other way..lol

let me share an example of how this can happen. My niece (sisters daughter) got "nipped" by the neighbors dog. She lives in Colorado, and in the mountains, and all around the farmlands are watering canals for the crops. any biting, whether serious or not, has to be reported. While my sis and the neighbors were talking to animal control, both my niece and the dog got out. yes, neither was paying close attention. too true. When my sis realized Kate was missing. she called all the neighbors and then the neighbor by her realized the dog was missing as well. they searched, for over an hour. The neighbors dog was seen standing on a roadway near to one of the watering canals, barking frantically. they followed it down and there was my neice, in the canal. the water was 33 degrees. they brought her out, and were able with severe rescusitation attempts to bring her back. She was legally dead. the cold water kept her from sinking out of life completely. the same dog who nipped her, saved her life. she will never be completely normal, but she is alive and can carry on a reasonably normal life. kids DO get out, no matter how vigilant you are.

When my daughter was about 3 years old we lived in Tampa Fl and had a black lab named Joe. Even when I was outside with her, he wouldn't let her go into the street (and it was a dead end street, at that). He wuold get in front of her and nudge her with his nose back into the yard. Sometimes, she ended up on her bottom, but he never did a thing to hurt her.

I have raised my niece since she was a baby and frankly it's really hard for me to understand how you lose sight of your child expect in the case of the guest with two children around that age obviously you can't look two different ways at the same time. You have to always be on guard there is no rest until they are safely somewhere where you can go about your business without worrying. I never lost sight of her unless another adult was watching her or I put her in a safe place.

lol oops Guest was me..lol

heres pics playing outside, jetta kinda helps..LOL

[img]http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Jetta_Pup/JJP2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Jetta_Pup/JJP.jpg[/img]

for me best time to take all 3 out is night time. sounds weird but its kinda dark and they wont go far.
Jetta listens better than my kids though..LOL