Dogomania

Ever been GLAD your dog bit someone?

thanks DL...I have been PM'd and pretty much brought to task about how abusive I have gotten trying to stop the sniping here. There was nothing intended, but I do tend to get angry when there is a lot of tension, and alot of personal snipes and insults thrown around. Now everyone knows why.

I can fight when I have to, but I prefer to work things out peacefully. Unfortunately, sometimes anger takes a hold and I yell. I apologize to anyone who thought I overstepped my bounds. I will be nice now...

Anger was a BAD thing in my home....it usually meant someone got hit.
I know I shouldnt bring that life into this one...sometimes I fail.

forgive me, all...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

HF, pitbulletta basically stated my position somewhere up this thread... YOU rent the space, and Jerk-o had no business being there....if you lock up your place with your dogs inside, and there's an emergency like a fire, no one can get them out --right? so that may not be the best solution???

But you could try something with the guy that I did once. Now, you guys know I don't cuss. but I got right in his face and said, you get your @#$%$ a** outta here and don't come back, and I won't charge you with [animall cruelty, in your case] and criminal trespass.

Musta skeered him purty bad; he didn't show his hide 'round these parts no more! :wink: :lol:

[quote name='corgilady']you guys know I don't cuss. but I got right in his face and said, you get your @#$%$ a** outta here and don't come back, and I won't charge you with [animall cruelty, in your case] and criminal trespass. [/quote]

:o
*gasp*thud*

Actually, I'm pretty sure this guy's heard me cuss so much that it's probably lost its shock value. :oops:

Hey, good point about the fire thing. I think someone mentioned above about giving a key to someone in the clinic I could trust. That would be pretty much anyone there EXCEPT him. I think that's what I'll do.

[quote]if you lock up your place with your dogs inside, and there's an emergency like a fire, no one can get them out --right? so that may not be the best solution??? [/quote]
When you rent space, you have to give a key to your locks to your landlord. They are to have access to your facility during an emergency. You cannot just go out and buy locks and make it into a fortress :wink: In the case of my boss she was given keys to the locks on the doors. The vet who owns the facility has a key for access in case of an emergency and in her absense the office manager has a key. You cannot just lock every one out of a space you are renting...but, you can lock out people who do not have your permission to come onto your rental space.

[quote]But you could try something with the guy that I did once. Now, you guys know I don't cuss. but I got right in his face and said, you get your @#$%$ a** outta here and don't come back, and I won't charge you with [animall cruelty, in your case] and criminal trespass.[/quote]
For one thing that would start bad feelings between the grooming shop and vet clinic. You cannot charge some one with animal cruelity without hard facts and this would also look very bad on the judgement of the vet clinic...this would cause very bad feelings...if you have a close relationship with the vet who owns the facility have a long heart to heart with her/him. Explain your feelings (I know you already tried this approach) and advise him/her why you feel the need to lock your doors and you feel you are being voilated. Look at your lease or rental agreement.
In all legal rights the kennel hand is not trespassing as long as he has permission from the landlord to go onto the renters property. This also is another issue you should bring up to the owner. Advise your landlord that under no circumstances is this person allowed assess to your shop at any time.

:lol:

Well, imagine that. I've been renting business property since 1988, have always asked permission to change the locks (as I have no idea who rented the space before me, and therefore who might have a key). I have ALWAYS had permission to change the locks, have never given the landlord a key unless they needed one to do a repair, except at the end of the lease I do hand over ALL copies of the keys. Now I learn that I can't do what I have been doing all these years.

Seriously, you have rights, even as a lowly renter. You can certainly keep someone off your property if you feel they are detrimental to your business (not to mention your personal property!!!!) And landlords in the US are not able to go onto your property at will; there has to be notice given, and good reason for going there, etc.

Also, I guess I don't go into great detail on a message board, cassie, for various reasons. For one thing I know Horsefeathers has a mind of her own and doesn't need us to go on and on with details. For another, the laws about trespass, animal cruelty, and the like vary from state to state and country to country, so what I say might not even be relevant in her area. But yes, it is possible to legally bar one employee of an establishment from your property without offending the employer; I've seen it done. In fact, I saw an employee put a restraining order on another person who worked in the SAME PLACE. The company had to just deal with it, and the two people were required to remain at least 100 feet from one another (made staff meetings real interesting! :D )

[quote name='Mei-Mei'][quote]And landlords in the US are not able to go onto your property at will; there has to be notice given, and good reason for going there, etc.
[/quote]

Thanks Corgi, I was just about to say this. Landlords (and agents of landlords) have to give proper notice before going onto a rented property. Now it is the case that if you change the locks you are supposed to give your landlord a new set of keys. Some landlords are much more lenient about this than others, but the rule is in every standard lease I've seen. But as you say, renters do have rights, and suprisingly strong ones. :D[/quote]

I'm a landlord and the Massachusetts law states we must give 24 hour notice to enter, this can be written or verbal. Unless to prevent furthur damage to the property or to save lives. Example 2nd floor ceiling has water falling from it you know it is coming from the 3rd fl but they are not home, you may enter the apartment to prevent furthur damage. Also on my leases it states not to change locks without prior written approval and I must get a copy of the key prior to installation. Here in Mass the tenant has more rights than the owner/landlord.

for safety's sake, it's always good to have one or more other people have a key, in the event of an emergency, like a fire. I think someone mentioned that. However, she wouldnt need to give moron-man a key.
And she can specify who is allowed in and out, in the event of an emergency, or if maintenance or something needs to be done.