Dogomania

The Variety Pack at the park

Carolk9s

It's been stinkin hot here lately, the dogs miss their midday jaunt at the park. I took them over just after 6pm knowing 1/2 the park would be in decent shade by then. All 3 dogs had a blast. We took a walk first then came back to hang around with the others. Jesse was trying hard to be a romeo, such a typical dirty old man he is! He also pestered a friend of mine a bit, her fault really as she was sitting down and was right at face level, good thing she loves him! Candy picked up a bad habit from a cute little Dutch Shepherd, chewing on and eating a stick! I was surprised to see how relaxed Candy got up there tonight, she had swiped someones ball, laid in the middle of several dogs on her BACK playing with the ball. Sure she does that at home but I did not expect her to do it amongst other dogs. Brittany chased Buster Brown around some then hooked up with a pit mix puppy and did her mothering routine. She walked around with the pup, used her nose and body to herd the pup away from the bigger dogs and finally laid down to do a bit of jaw wrestling with it.

Sounds like a great time. I thought about you recently, actually. As much as you get out and do with your dogs, I couldn't help wondering if perhaps you and my Rocco might have crossed paths at some time. He was in obedience and agility in his former life and he's from Richmond, VA. I thought about you when I found out.

I would love to go to the dog park but I get nervous and worried someone's dog might hurt my dogs. None of them are over 25lbs. Shadow the baby has never been he is too young. There was a place back in the bay area where they cut the dog park in half and one side was for small dogs and the other was for big dogs. I wish they had that here I used to take Toto there when he was a puppy.

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Sounds like a great time. I thought about you recently, actually. As much as you get out and do with your dogs, I couldn't help wondering if perhaps you and my Rocco might have crossed paths at some time. He was in obedience and agility in his former life and he's from Richmond, VA. I thought about you when I found out.[/quote]

It is possible that I may have seen Rocco at some point but I've only seen a small handful of Dobies where I train and run Candy. I went to the pictures section and saw your dogs playing in the dirt, what fun!
What happened to Rocco? (I have missed a LOT)
Most recently, had to format my hard drive over the weekend and I've been slowly rebuilding since, very time intensive!

I took my guys to the park recently, and this man saw us coming toward him and sat down on a bench, pulling his dog up beside him....not sure why as all mine and his were on leashes.... when we got to him it was a Corgi/ Chi mix! So we ended up in this long conversation. He said he'd had other dogs jump on his twice lately, and the dog is getting gun-shy. But it got down and played with mine just fine.

I hate how people let their bigger dogs jump on the little guys; I've had that happen to. If you tell them to back off, they act like you've done something wrong. Sheesh.