Dogomania

My pitbull saves the day...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well I was out walking my two year old Amstaff Chloe tonight when a stray German Shephard came out of the forest preserve near my house. This thing was MEAN, it instantly started growling at me and showing no interest in Chloe at all. She would not let that dog near me. I slowly started making my way back towards my house, everytime this dog lunged at me Chloe jumped between us and kept it off me. I got home but couldn't get in my house because this German Shephard was blocking the doorway. I called 911 and it took the police 35 minutes to respond. I eventually got Chloe into the house and went in the garage to close the outside garage door. The german shephard lunged at me again and got my arm in his mouth. I hit him with the leash that was in my hand and it backed off. I went back in the house and waited for the police. They finally came, followed the dog out of my neighborhood and I haven't heard what happened yet.

I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have my little black and white body guard with me. I truly appreciate her ten times more than before (if that's even possible)...

Just thought I would share my story..

and a few pics of the hero...

[img]http://images5.fotki.com/v61/photos/4/40553/743372/DSC00084-vi.jpg?1078079057[/img]

[img]http://images5.fotki.com/v60/photos/4/40553/743372/DSC00077-vi.jpg?1078079001[/img]

[img]http://images5.fotki.com/v61/photos/4/40553/743372/DSC00070-vi.jpg[/img]

Good Girl Chloe!!!

that said, and Brandon I dont want to burst your bubble, did they catch the Shepherd?

It is not nomal for a dog to act like that, to just threaten and attack without warning and no provocation. If it thought it was protecting something it should have backed off when you got closer to your house.
And once driven off by Chloe, it should have backed away as well....I am afraid there is something wrong with the dog, and rabies comes to mind....
or distemper....

Did it break skin when it grabbed your arm? It may be nothing, just an ill bred cur left to wander loose, but it's determination to get to you, when Chloe was keeping it off, concerns me. If it broke skin, I would report that to the police and see if they got the dog...just for your own safety.

Good luck, and hug Chloe for me!!

:D

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='courtnek']Good Girl Chloe!!!

that said, and Brandon I dont want to burst your bubble, did they catch the Shepherd?

It is not nomal for a dog to act like that, to just threaten and attack without warning and no provocation. If it thought it was protecting something it should have backed off when you got closer to your house.
And once driven off by Chloe, it should have backed away as well....I am afraid there is something wrong with the dog, and rabies comes to mind....
or distemper....

Did it break skin when it grabbed your arm? It may be nothing, just an ill bred cur left to wander loose, but it's determination to get to you, when Chloe was keeping it off, concerns me. If it broke skin, I would report that to the police and see if they got the dog...just for your own safety.

Good luck, and hug Chloe for me!!

:D[/quote]

It was chilly out, so I was wearing a sweatshirt and a leather motorcycle jacket. Luckily it didn't break the skin. They found the owner (called me today) and I told the owner to have the dog checked out. He provided me with rabies information so the dog is up to date on his shots. I guess the dog is a guard dog for his apple orchard and is trained to not like strangers. I still can't fathom why it was so aggressive towards me when I was nowhere near it's property. I also know it wasn't the fact that my dog was in heat because she is spayed. I don't know what it was, but I chose not to press charges. I don't want to see the dog punished because of an irresponsible owner. The guy did get a written warning from the police, hopefully that will make him think twice about leaving the dogs outside unattended.