Dogomania

Neighbors make me crazy...Rosebud may appreciate this...

courtnek

Animal Control was just here...one of the neighbors complained that one
of my dogs was "in pain, and howling..." it was Laurel, baying...

The cop met Laurel, said she was fine, but asked "why does she make that "hurtful, 'keening' sound?"

Because shes a hound, they dont bark like other dogs, they bay....

He brought the neighbor over (from a block away) and had her meet Laurel and listen to me explain how her bark was differnt from other
dogs....she said she was sorry, she was just worried about the dog
(and I thanked her for that!!)

What fun!!

Hound ownership is interesting, to say the least....

Guest Anonymous

:lol: :lol: Glad to hear she cared enough! Some people if they thought they heard a dog in pain would probably do nothing about it :-? There was a beagle that lived down the road from us a while back, and he would bay all the time, to tell you the truth, it was down right irritating :-?

except for the beagle across the street (who's bay is quite different than Laurel's) I think I own the only hound in the immediate area....and the place where I got her (and where the foxhound rescue is) is 40 or so miles from here, so maybe the local animal control has never heard a dog bay like this? I'm not surprised the neighbor didnt know, but it does seem strange that AC wouldnt....

Guest Anonymous

Malamum here is a bloodhound site with sound..Just a warning ALL the guys in my house go NUTS when this site comes on :lol: :lol: :lol:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2553/[/url]

:lol:

Sorry I took so long to post.

That is funny Courtnek, but I am glad that your neighbor is concerned for the safety of your girls.

I am fortunate that Sally, Rocket and Sandy only bay indoors and that's only when Sandy starts it.

They do not go outside unsupervised and don't get the opportunity to bay since I don't take any chances with losing them. A Ridgeback can clear a 6 foot fence from practically the sitting position. I can have a hole dug under the fence in 60 seconds flat if they so desire to.

:angel: