Dogomania

URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/CA131/CA131.2246487-1-x.jpg[/img]

Hi everyone --

I just spoke with the LA shelter on the pit mix pictured below -- I spoke with Al, in the kennel area, then Gerald, who is a supervisor of sorts.

They are HOLDING this dog today -- we have an ADOPTER for him available in Ontario, Canada (transporting can be arranged -- we've done this before) --

I need to know if someone is available to PULL the boy, and TEMPORARILY foster him while we arrange a temp. test and transport for him. Someone has visited him in the kennel and said he was GREAT with male and female dogs -- a good sign.

Pit bull savvy people are of course preferred.

Please email me back directly at [email][email protected][/email] or call me at 917-921-6271. I am in CT, so I can only help remotely.

The bottom line -- he needs to be pulled today, or else he will be killed -- we are doing all we can to help this boy. Please forward this to people you may know in the LA area who coud help this boy.

THANK YOU!

eric

somebody help him..please??????
PLEASE CROSSPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A608086, VERY URGENT, "Killer", This is such a stunning male white
Bulldog/Staffie, with maybe a few subtle chocolatey markings. He's so
elegant and refined, with beautifully cropped ears, he seems so well
taken care of, it's difficult to understand how his uncaring owners
have dumped him into the pound to die! He's so sweet and so friendly
and loving. He's a great doggie! He's in ISO overflow, and dogs in
iso are killed on their first available day. And Staffie angels are
killed quickly in the pound! This poor angel has so many strikes
against him, what chance does he have of getting out of the pound
alive??? He's listed as 4 years old, but is probably less than half
that age, healthy and vital and gorgeous, and much too young to die!
Please don't let this "Lover", not a "Killer", be killed!!! PLEASE RESCUE!!!
[url]http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2246487[/url] <http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2246487>

South Los Angeles, CA pound general info:
South L.A. pound is less than 1 mile south of the 10 freeway in a
very safe neighborhood. Parking is available on street or on rooftop.
Address: 3612 W. 11th Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90018. Directions: Exit
Crenshaw off the 10 freeway. Go south, 1 block past Jefferson is 36th
Street (huge modern cathedral on corner), turn left. Go to 11th
Avenue, turn right, pound is on the corner. Hours: 8am-5pm Tues-Sat,
noon-4pm Sun, open only to rescue on Mon.
Telephone: Toll free, 1-888/452-7381, then press 1, then 4, then 2.
Direct lines, 213/485-0214, 485-0227, 485-0303, 485-0117, 485-0119.
Phones should be answered 24/7, please call them right away to try to get them to put
an "adopt alert", and note in the computer and on the dog's card--
they will probably say no, but please try to persist until you get someone who
will do it. That will keep the dog safe for 1 more day, to give you a
chance to get down there and rescue.

Guest Anonymous

I don't understand why if the dog has a home the shelter would be putting him down tonight??? I understand he is in isolation over flow...but, if they know the dog has a home they should keep him one more night? couldn't the new owners leave a ccrd # with the shelter attendants to hold the dog one more night? or perhaps advise them they will send a check priority post? just trying to give suggestions as I live no where near LA...I live in Canada...I'm just trying to think of ways to keep the dog one more night at the shelter. If the Vet's etc. know the people who are willing to adopt the dog they could have their Vet call and confirm the dog has a home and give a basic interview over the phone to insure the potential owners will be picking the dog up...etc. some times they will listen to a Vet or another reputable dog person.
Good luck.

K- I already asked my parents and they said a deffinite NO. but I've been thinking about this dog all night, trying to think if I know anyone who could take it. The only one I can think of is my aunt who has a not so nice Pit. But they have no crate or anything for the dog. And they can't leave the dog outside because it's been raining. I want to help so much I just don't know how! :cry: :x

If anyone's been following this on the other board, the dog apparently threw a bit of a fit when someone went to get him out with a rabies pole (not sure why someone would do that with a friendly dog, sounds like they shouldn't have been working at a shelter in the first place), and he's scheduled to be PTS again. Here's the link, the message is towards the bottom of the second page: [url]http://pub180.ezboard.com/fdogcommunityfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=4567.topic&start=21&stop=31[/url]

Guest Anonymous

I did not get any answer to my e-mails from Veronica,whatsoever.

Anyway,I just called again.
The dog is gonna be killed today,so a certain Debby (kennel staff) said.
Yesterday a Ms. Olivia said the dog did not give any problem,never been in ISO and he was sharing the cage with another dog.
Apparently someone pulled the dog out of the cage using a pole and the dog did not like that.
So he got put back in the cage and he is gonna be killed.
Now,I have been calling and try to get info on this dog for two days and people has been not helpful at the shelter.
So I don't know what has happened but I gave this Debby the name of the dog and she said what she said.
She also said that the dog was gonna get adopted this morning but this afternoon he is gonna get euth so whoever came for him might not know this.I could not ask anything else,she didn't wanna talk.
Marion is going to call to double check on it.
One thing is sure,it is hard to get any help from the shelter.

from another board. Killer was NOT saved!

Oh dang it! I was hoping you would know something! I'm totally lost, this dog has a home,they can't put him down! I have never seen a dog that didn't act grumpy with the contol stick! It sounds like the AC have a personal problem with this dog and just want to put it to sleep for some reason. :x

Uh late with my posts as usual!

I CAN'T believe that they are keeping him in the euthanasia room! What the he**?! Of course he is scared, he is seeing and hearing dogs being killed! :evil: This is SOOO typical for L.A Animal Control! I have Never had a good experience with any AC officers, except for one woman who we adopted Zebra from. All AC officers here are mean and yell at the dogs, and are very rough with them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes ok this morning with his temperment test.

:x Sometimes I feel that the so called "experts" who evaulate dogs should have themselves evaluated first. I mean, HELLO!?! Like any dog is just going to sit there and let you poke a stick at 'em? Get real.

Godspeed Killer! Run free and go where there is no more pain. :angel:

Sorry guys, but the person who evaluated the dog is VERY well versed in APBTs, and knows what she's doing. I'd be willing to bet that there was more to it than the dog just biting at a rabies pole, if she deemed him "too aggressive". It truly is a sad thing that this dog had to endure all the suffering leading up to his death, BUT this is a person whos word I would take on whether or not a dog was adoptable.