Dogomania

"Find the Pitbull"

Guest Mutts4Me

I have seen a very similar sort of thing but I don't think all the dogs displayed were the same.

It's scary how everything these days is just automatically a "Pit Bull" and the way some people tend to use the term they make it sound like a whole new species not just another breed of dog. :-?

They all look so much alike, except for the rottie and the lab, but those are
breeds I am familiar with....

I think Law enforcement need to take this test....sdo they can know a
real Pit when they see one. I was able to pick it out, but only because of this forum...I can easily see how someone could consider some of the others as a Pit breed....

I sent this to the Chicago Tribune...

I am very irritated, with the media in general, about posting stories about "Pit Bull"
attacks, when a lot of those dogs are NOT EVEN Pit Bulls...I am not saying that
you are guilty of this, but I read so many stories, and see so many news events about it, that I would like to suggest this...

Have your staff take the test at the following URL...can you pick out the pitbull?

I want to stop the tirade against pitbulls in general, they are not bad dogs, they are usually not even Pit Bulls, and when they are, they are raised and handled incorrectly.

I would greatly appreciate a response to this test.

Please help us expunge the bad rap that the Pit Bulls have....

thank you...

[url]http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html[/url]

I can be contacted at [email][email protected][/email]

Is the Olde English Bulldog the US version of a British Bulldog? If so, have to say its a pretty naff example on that site - looks nothing like one :lol:

Have to say I fell for the Black Mouthed Cur - cutey pie.

I would imagine that many of the breeds (such as the Black Mouth Cur and the Alapaha Blue Blood Bull Dog? - new one on me :lol: ) will have some kind of link to the Pittie anyway? If you look at Am Staffs, which are basically the show APBT, etc, it WOULD be hard for people not to link them in with APBTs, wouldnt it? Not condoning DDA whatsoever, but many US bull type breeds do have links to the pittie, and therefore do look pretty much like them (I wouldve guessed the ABBBD as a pittie if I hadnt seen the site before) so they are more likely to be guessed at as such?

Guest Mutts4Me

This is from [url]http://www.oldebulldogge.com[/url]

[quote]
A comment from the creator of the Olde English Bulldogge

In 1971, I started this project of breeding a dog with the looks of the 18th century Bulldog. I had become disenchanted with English Bulldogs, due to breeding and breathing problems. I discovered that they didn