Dogomania

Seigfried and Roy (and PETA, too)

Peng1zrule

I'm so mad I feel sick!! those PETA idiots sent roy a letter (in the HOSPITAL) accusing him of beating and mistreating the tigers and telling him they hope he "finally realizes" he is being cruel to the animals he "claims to love" He's in the hospital and they are trying to convince the mirage to permanantly fire the act, build a sanctuary, take away the tigers, and stick them in the sanctuary...argh!! they are even planning a rally in front of the mirage on saturday...i'm emailing them a letter...this is deplorable!

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Quote:
"This is a stupid idea. We should be encouraged to drink milk and I certainly won't stop drinking milk just because a man has dressed up as a cow outside my school."

Too funny ........ that just about sums it up![/quote]

:lol: :lol:

This is too funny. Kids are so smart :lol: :wink:

As for poor Roy, those idiot!
I heard their shutting down the show anyway now aren't they? And so I'm sure the animals wouldn't just be put to sleep, Seigfried and Roy really love their tigers, you can tell!
I don't think I've ever heard of any story of the PETA where they've actually done good... if someone could find some that would be great, because I haven't heard a single one :o

Guest Anonymous

Here's why I HATE PETA....

[url]http://community-2.webtv.net/PRECIOUSFORD/PETALIES/[/url]

Warning there is a [i]graphic [/i]picture of a dog with dog fighting wounds on her/his head. But the main links are [b]BEFORE[/b] the picture..so it's worth the read!

This is what [i]Ingrid Newkirk[/i] said about Pit bulls.........

Thursday, January 27, 2000 By INGRID NEWKIRK

MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA that at many animal shelters across the country, any "pit bull" who comes through the front door goes out the back door -- in a body bag. From San Jose to Schenectady, many shelters have enacted policies requiring the automatic destruction of the huge and ever-growing number of "pits" they encounter. This news shocks and outrages the compassionate dog-lover.

The pit bull's ancestor, the Staffordshire terrier, is a human concoction, bred in my native England, I'm ashamed to say, as a weapon. These dogs were designed specifically to fight other animals and kill them, for human sport. Hence the barrel chest, the thick hammer-like head, the strong jaws, the perseverance, and the stamina. Pits can take down a bull weighing in at over a thousand pounds, so a human being a tenth of that weight is small potatoes to them.

Pit bulls are perhaps the most abused dogs on the planet. These days, they are kept for protection by almost every drug dealer and pimp in every major city and beyond. You can drive into any depressed area and see them being used as cheap burglar alarms, wearing heavy logging chains around their necks (they easily break regular collars and harnesses), attached to a stake or metal drum or rundown doghouse without a floor and with holes in the roof. Bored juveniles "sic" them on cats, neighbors' small dogs, and even children. In the PETA office we have a file drawer chock-full of accounts of attacks in which these ill-treated dogs have torn the faces and fingers off infants and even police officers trying to serve warrants.

Today, organizing dog fights is a federal offense in this country, yet pits are still king of the ring. Humane officers and other law enforcement agents routinely break up rings in New Mexico, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Florida. They confiscate dog-fighting paraphernalia, including treadmills used to build doggie endurance and drugs used to numb pain from injuries inflicted by opponents and to "jazz up" the dogs. They find mesh bags in which kittens, rabbits, puppies, and other small prey are suspended over the dogs to encourage fighting spirit. Not uncommonly they find what's left of dogs who have lost their battles. They are not always dead. Those who argue against the euthanasia policy for pit bull dogs are naive. One dog that had just been adopted by a family suddenly clamped his jaw onto the thigh of a 7-year-old boy. Two grown men had a hard time getting the dog off and the child suffered permanent nerve damage. Tales like thisabound. I have scars on my leg and arm from my own encounter with a pit. Many are loving and will kiss on sight, but many are unpredictable. An unpredictable chihuahua is one thing, an unpredictable pit another.

People who genuinely care about dogs won't be affected by a ban on pits. They can go to the shelter and save one of the countless other breeds and lovable mutts sitting on death row through no fault of their own. We can only stop killing pits if we stop creating new ones. Legislators, please take note.
By Ingrid Newkirk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingrid Newkirk is president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. She may be contacted at PETA, 501 Front St., Norfolk, Va. 23501, or on-line at [url]www.PETA-online.org[/url].

Guest Anonymous

i love their show, and so sad what happend, but i dont think they should end the show indef.. unless S&R want to end it,. which i be they wont. their show is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. i love. it can't even count how many times i've seen it... i really hope he is better soon, and they then figure out what they want to do with THEIR tiggers!

I sent this to both PETA< and the Mirage,,,

Your story on S&R is basically bullshit....

Roy already stated that he knows the tiger is not to blame, and wants the animal left unharmed....the LAST thing he said before passing out.....

I would think HE would know whether he was attacked or not, considering
he's been raising and training these animals for 30 YEARS!!!!

Longer than PETA has been around....and S&R have a documented reputation for how well they treat their cats....

PETA has to get their hands in every pie, although they arent doing any good with this particular BITCH...

If S&R want the animals to remain unharmed, and with them, no one
can stop them. They OWN these animals. If my dogs bit me, the law could not take them away unless I asked them to. And Roy is NOT going to file a complaint against the tiger, you can bet on it. As long as his tigers are not
a threat to the populace, they cant be removed if Roy lives. Maybe even if he dies, I'm sure Siegfried would have a say in that, since they are half his and Roy has specifically requested that no harm come to them....

Instead of harassing Roy, they should be APPLAUDING on the kind, decent, ethical treatment he has always given ALL his animals. He treats those cats better then some people treat their kids....

These men have been KINDLY raising, training and caring for these animals for over 30 years. They DO NOT beat them, chain them, abuse them....Roy keeps them IN HIS HOUSE, they are like children to him....The reputation of S&R for the excellent
care of their animals is both well known, and documented. His stage cats
COULD NOT be returned to the wild, they have been raised with humans and no nothing about hunting, or living without humans. They are spoiled rotten by the loving care that S&R give them, every day....they consider S&R as part of their family, their close-knit group. You want to seperate them? You really dont care about how the cats might feel about that. Of course, you want all the Pit Bulls in the world killed too....

I think you should take the "Ethical" out of your title...

I believe you're only in it for the money....

Also, it's now believed that the tiger was trying to HELP Roy, not hurt him. Stew on that, wont you?

Katy Courtney
Elgin, IL.
[email][email protected][/email]

I really dislike PETA, from the bottom of my soul.

[quote]Your letter is starting a pitbull arguement "Kill them all!" ..... That's what I get for being on a catforum lol...
[/quote]

Tell them they'd best be careful - If PETA succeeds in their attempts to have all Pitbulls destroyed, and wins at having S&R's cats taken away,
ALL CATS might be the next on their list....after all, cats are less domesticated than dogs.....they may decide it's time to return Tabby and Morris to the wild, too.....

Be careful what you wish for....you just might get it....

[quote]Yesterday's protest was the latest in PETA's nationwide drive to publicise what it claims are dangers in drinking milk. They have been handing out cards with cartoon pictures of characters suffering from wind, spots and obesity as a result of dairy products.

The cards tell kids to "give cows a break" and "be kind to animals and your butt and your gut" by avoiding milk. [/quote]

I know I'm backtracking a bit but PETA really pisses me off and this milk business is a perfect example. They are being downright irresponsible - if they succeed in making kids not want to drink milk or eat dairy products we are going to have a whole generation of people with osteoporosis(sp?) :-?

Guest Anonymous

I totally Agree Mal. Although I can't drink very much milk, telling kids to not drink milk is like... inhumane!! PETA REALLY pisses me off sometimes, if they came here with that, I'd shove their little cards saying "give cows a break" up their...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Peng1zrule']I'm so mad I feel sick!! those PETA idiots sent roy a letter (in the HOSPITAL) accusing him of beating and mistreating the tigers and telling him they hope he "finally realizes" he is being cruel to the animals he "claims to love" He's in the hospital and they are trying to convince the mirage to permanantly fire the act, build a sanctuary, take away the tigers, and stick them in the sanctuary...argh!! they are even planning a rally in front of the mirage on saturday...i'm emailing them a letter...this is deplorable![/quote]I'm sorry Roy was injured but I agree that you should not use these animals in this way! If you play with fire you shouldn't be suprised if you get burnt![quote][/quote]

Guest Anonymous

quote]I'm sorry Roy was injured but I agree that you should not use these animals in this way! If you play with fire you shouldn't be suprised if you get burnt![quote][/quote][/quote]

so, it was alright for peta to fax a hospital-confined man and tell him off? and try to get him fired? and take away his pets? I agree that the animals are in an unnatural situation, but even roy acknowledges that it was not the tiger's fault. my problem is with peta's supposed thought process.

I agree as well, with all that has been said. I was a very young girl when S&R started their act, and always like their show. I had read stories on animals kept by zoo's that were not nearly as well kept as those tigers.

Although admittingly this is not their natural environment, it's the only one they know.....PETA does not seem to understand that it is now too late to return them to the wild....or even to a sanctuary. Since kittenhood they have lived with and around people....In the wild white tigers are a fluke, and dont live long. A sanctuary would not be much better, since they
dont know how to hunt or be wild tigers....they have never had to.

I admit that raising wild animals comes with an inherent risk of personal injury, but now, PETA needs to step back and think about the cats.
They are not loners, like wild tigers. They live under these unnatural circumstances in family units....perhaps it was not the best thing to do, but it's done now and the cats need to be left with S&R until they pass on
naturally. To take them away is almost assuring their death.

Guest Anonymous

Peta doesn't want ferrets kept as pets either :x They have a big vendetta against Marshells, the biggest Ferret Farm in the US. All my Fur Kids are Marshells ferrets & all 3 are healthy as can be, except from the sniffle now & then. Peta can Kiss My A** & May all ferrets bite them on the Butt :lol: :evilbat: :evilbat:

PETA is just ridiculous. They came to my college once and put up posters asking the kids to drink beer instead of milk! Now, if that is not irresponsible, I don't know what is. If there is one thing college kids don't need, it is to be encouraged to drink more alcohol!

They also hang around grocery stores and put stickers on packages of meat that say "warning: rotting animal flesh inside". Inflammatory comments like that don't help anybody discuss the issue rationally. All these people want to do is to instigate fights!

Guest Anonymous

I think PETA has done some good work in informing the public of the conditions animals are kept in, especially in labs, on fur farms and on dairy and meat farms. It would have been much smarter of them to just keep pushing that issue, rather than trying to convince people not to drink milk.

But they've undermined all their credibility with dumb campaigns like "Jesus was a vegetarian."

and they are wrong.....according to the bible, Jesus ate fish....

or are they thinking fish is considered "vegetarian"?

these are the same people who throw BLOOD on people wearing fur coats.....while I dont wear fur, out of personal preference, I wouldnt throw blood on someone who does...

:evil: