Dogomania

Ignorant

slim86

The other day I was walking my GSD down the street and some people in a car kept turning around and driving by me. They drove by really slow each time. They finally stopped and the guy got out of the car and said: "Is that a pure breed GSD".

I said: Yes, it is.

He said: Wow, he's really good looking.

I said: Thanks

He said: I have a 9 mo old female GSD, would you like to breed them together?

I said: Why do you want to breed them?

He said: We could sell the puppies for at least $500.00 each. That's a lot of money.

I said: Has she had the appropriate testing

He said: What testing?

I said: Go get on your computer and do a seach on Back Yard Breeding. Have a nice day.

What an ignorant jerk. I'm sure he has no clue as to what BYB is. I was very upset. I'm sure a lot of ignorant people hook up and breed dogs like that. It's pretty sad.

Slim

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe that someone would actually approach a perfect stranger and ask to breed their dog to yours. Actually on second thought I can because there are so many ignorant people out there. If someone had asked me the same question I don't think I could have been as restrained in my response as you were.

Guest Anonymous

I have to say that nothing surprises me about dog owners anymore but this subject is typical,I have a working Rottie that was bred specially as a working dog and never in a million years would it make your typical pet Rottie.
Out one day out with him in my vehicle(Signed up police dog signs etc) when I was approached by a guy with a bitch,the sweetest dog you ever saw,wanted to do one thing,cuddle you,well said guy wants to breed and asked if he could use my dog.
OK not a problem but the pups will only be any good for working dogs and it will cost you

I'm so sorry! :cry: That guy was a JERK! :evil: We have alot of ignorant jerks here, too! :x

When I told Rowie's previous owner that she was getting spayed, he told me:" Are you sure? Because you know, she's a pure bred. With papers!"

I couldn't belive my poor baby girl used to be HIS! :x :cry:

Some years ago, my sister-in-laws mother was over and saw Jesse. She exclaimed how pretty he was etc etc. Then said 'oh we should breed him to our dog at home! They both are all black and have long hair! What pretty puppies we'd have!'
I have to say she really is a nice woman in many respects and will absolutely be there if you need her but.....
Their dogs were all outdoor only dogs at the time and her black female was a cute mix who had skin problems!
After picking my jaw up off the floor, I sweetly said 'too late, Jesse is already neutered, besides, no sense adding to the number of puppies looking for a good home now is there?'
Once a gal asked me if I was going to breed Brittany because she was so pretty, I said oh no Brittany is spayed. The woman seemed very disappointed! I tried to tell her pups would not be likely to look like Brittany anyway but she did not seem convinced.

When we first adopted Sky we used to walk her to the tarn (small man made lake where we used to live). Two times we were stopped and asked about Sky, at first it was a nice conversation, then both times (different people bear in mind) we were asked if she was speyed, and we said "Not yet but she will be when she's out of season" (she came to us in season, and later it turned out she was pregnant, but at this point we didn't know that) - and both times they offered us money for her there and then. It was pretty scary, good thing my husband was there, otherwise things could have ended up a lot worse - as lurchers are stolen in England quite a bit. The first time we were asked, we were offered

Over the years, a lot of people in this area have gotten "pit bulls" (though by looking at them, some are definitely mixes, if even part APBT). Since I'm around the same age as most of the people who are gettign these dogs, and know a lot of them, I used to get asked sometimes when Goo was going to have a litter of pups, how much they'd be sold for, and if I'd let them breed their dog to her. Most of the time I'd tell them no, that she was fixed, and that she was too old to have pups anyway, and that would be the end of that. There were a few occasions where I went along with it all for a while, and we'd talk about all the possibilities, then I'd offhandedly ask if they thought it'd be a problem that she's fixed :lol: One owner, apparently not too happy that I'd wasted their time when they could have been out finding someone else to go into the business venture with called me an idiot for having a dog that couldn't make me any money, and also referred to Goo as "ruined", lol. I don't know that Goo would agree with that, but she'll never know anyway :wink: I never did hear about their dog having (though I guess since it was a male, it wouldn't have "had" them anyway) pups, so maybe they were so fed up with trying to find a dog to make some cash off of that they gave up :D

One of my good friends use to breed her Yorkie..I got on to her about it and she now only adopts..

She really thought she was doing it right...I asked her "where are the puppies today"...she said she could look it up in the paper work,(of course that's if the first buyers still have the dog)...I then Said where are their puppies and their puppies and so on and so on..

..She said her responsibility stopped when she found them good homes.

I asked her where the H--- is that written....

I then asked where her grandkids are...and if you live long enough will you know where their kids are and thiers and theirs.

She got my point....

Will people ever at it...God named them D O G for a reason.

:( :madgo:

• 3 weeks later...