Dogomania

Saddest thing I have ever seen happen to a dog :(

Today, while I was walking Amadeus and Bandit, I looked at one of the houses in my neighborhood. Now, I know for a fact the people who live there are drug dealers and that the cops have been watching them for a few weeks now, but I never knew they had a dog. It was today that I learned, the worst way. I heard a screaming cry in the backyard and I knew it was a dog. I peeked over the fence, knowing nobody was home, and I saw the thinnest Pit Bull Terrier I have ever seen, and I watch Animal Precinct! I immediately got out of there and ran home to find some food I could throw over to him/her. I got some meat out of Amadeus and Bandit's stash and tossed it into the little bowl the dog was lying next to. It gobbled it up in les than 30 seconds which told me that this dog was never fed and that it had no disease which was what I thought at first. I called the vet's office and got some information. They told me that the way I described the dog made them think it wouldn't last much longer, even if it was taken to a veterinarian and given the best care. I wish there was something I could do, but the cops already knew about it so I can't really do anything. This is eating me up inside. How do those people sleep at night? :x :cry:

:-?

Call the humane society for animal cruelty, obviously the cops want to bust them for the drugs and don't care about the dog, had it been a regular joe the cops would have already had the humane society out there.

Let the animal cruelty people do what the cops didn't do.

Good luck,

:angel:

It seems to me that, even though the dog "might not" survive, it's worth it. You'll note that on Animal Cops/Animal Precinct, sometimes the worst looking dogs end up to be the most beautiful and friendliest adoption candidates.

Call the humane society and make sure the police know just how bad the dog's condition is.

Call the SPCA and have them deal with this situation. Don't get your self into a situation that you cannot handle...
At the Vet clinic I work at we have had alot of SPCA confisationed dogs left with us...some in worse shape than you could imagine...one dog had been starved and was dehydrated...it had scacoptic mange...and all kinds of disorders which would be too long a list to bore you with...the Vet brought that dog & 15 others (all from the same home) around...which she really didnt think she would be able to...the dog is her newest pet! and has been living with the vet for about 4 years now, she also saved a Pitbull which also lives with her and many many others (she has 9 dogs) :angel:

i agree with everyone else here, call the humane society, the rpca or some other rescue service asap, or if you can get the dog out yourself next time their out and get her to a vet or take her to the humane society or similar...i would.

please let us know what the outcome is.

good luck
:angel:

Just like everyone else here already said, you need to inform the local Humane Society and SPCA. Even if they take the dog out of there and decide that there's no alternative but to euthanize it, it's better than the dog staying there and starving to death! Don't get me worng, I'd hate to see that heppen. Anyway, maybe there's a chance they can save the dog. I think it's strage that a vet would make the determination over the phone from a verbal description that the dog most likely couldn't be saved!

You have to make the call and help this dog! [b]PLEASE![/b]

thats FANTASTIC news :klacz:
thanks for the update it`s so nice to hear a sad story turn into a happy one, it means there`s one less animal suffering out there.
you are an :angel: , for saving a life.