Dogomania

Barkfest in action....

courtnek

Guest Anonymous

Awe man! LOL I could see it now! Reminds me of when I went to an Agility Triall (to watch) and it was in a Horse Arena, and from the corner of the room, a cat crawed through the wall, up on a beam and ran across the the hayloft, EVERY DOG WAS BARKING! LOL Then of course after everyone got their dogs to settle down, the cat ran across again! LOL :lol:

This guy and his kids have strong nerves, that's for sure. We're lucky everyone around (just about) has a dog or the police would be here.

It's so NOISY - it's funny too. The whole neighborhood just goes up every time a stranger (or the mailman) comes around. If you dont like dogs,
this is NOT the neighborhood to live in!! LOL

LOLOL - the guy just showed up here. I answered the door and he saw my dogs, and of course the other dogs are all still barking (and baying - that Beagle cracks me up) and he says "Are there any houses here that DONT own dogs?" And I said "one or two...not much more than that"...
and he says "HOW do you sleep at night?" LOL

poor guy - he wasnt expecting THIS kind of reception.....

Guest Anonymous

Yup, sounds like my neighborhood too! At LEAST one dog in every house! Luckly we live out in the bushes, not many people.
Poor guy, I do feel for him! Took my dog for a walk down the road over (which also has a dog or two in every house) and every house we past we got barked at! (of course Hazel "Showed them" LOL tsk tsk :roll: )

This is the first town I've lived in where more people had dogs than DIDNT have them. There is a high incident of crime in the center of the city,
and people just feel safer with dogs around. I have to agree with that.

I saw a show on TV where a police chief said that having a dog is better
protection than an alarm system. Didnt matter what the size of the dog, what the crinminal was afraid of was the dogs barking alerting a neighbor
or the owners to call the police.

In this neighborhood, those of us who have dogs have never been robbed.
So that seems to play out what the Police Chief said.

It's SO funny when a Barkfest is going on! You'd think the entire neighborhood was being ransacked with all the noise!! LOL

LOLOL - that's FUNNY! Maybe I should try that!!

They annoy me, but they cant help doing what they believe they need to do.

It's funny though that they dont appear to like dogs. I would guess the reception at houses with dogs is not good....

Things have quieted down somewhat - I think they've gone home.

Beagles dont give up easily - he was still baying long after all the
other dogs had stopped....

I finally had to go outside and yell "PEPPER!! shut up!!" and he did.

It's funny - we all tell each others dogs to shut up and they do....

is "shut up" a standard dog training term??? LOL

If you're a dog lover, THIS is the neighborhood to live in!! LOL

A friend of mine who lives with his girlfriend had the JWs at their door and had them on the biggest setup. He pretended to be very interested in everything this female Witness had to say, so she came back every week and they'd have a chat about God or whatever they talk about. This had been going onfor about four weeks, and one night they were talking and stuff and then Dan (my friend) said to the Witness something along the lines of, "Well, I think we know each other very well by now... seeing as we're all such good friends, I think we should have a threesome." The Witness hightailed it out of there immediately and now they bypass his house. Kinda mean but oh so funny. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

:lol: :lol: Funny stories! LOL
Yeah, it's like that here too Court! Duke or Lady will be barking down the road, I just go outside and scream "DUKE/LADY! SHUT UP!!!!!!" then it will be quiet for a while, but they always start again! LOL
We got robbed a couple times when we had our old Blue Boy back in the day, he just greated the people happily! LOL
But ever since we got Hazel, we barely get any VISTIORS even!
Hm... I wonder why... :lol:

Good Show, Mouse! We used to get them all the time and that's how I put it. They never seemed put off by all the barking my boys did to announce guests.

But, we did have some "fly by night" carpet cleaners pull in our driveway trying to drum up business a couple of years back. You should have seen those guys run back to their van, pile in, and back down the drive when my husband opened the front door. They took one look at those two barking faces behind the storm door and split! Good Dogs! Good Dogs! :lol: :lol:

I kinda doubt Alex would hurt anybody - but he's the loud, boisterous,
deept throated barker and he's big (by lab standards) he's 100 lbs.

Freedee is 75 lbs, smaller, sleek, quieter, and SHE would be the one to take out the burglar. They'd be so busy watching Alex they wouldnt see her sneak up on them!! LOL

I brought them both into my office one day (to show them off, of course)
and everyone shied away and commented on how big Alex was - the whole time he is wagging his tail furiously and begging to be petted.
Freebe sat down real quietly and just watched everybody. One of my friends came by, looked at both of them, and said "HER I would not want
to meet in a dark alley...."

He hit it right on the head....

Some Mormons came by our place while my mom was out watering the front flowerbeds once. They started talking to her, turning towards them with hose in hand she said "Are you Jehovah's Witnesses, I don't like Jehovah's Witnesses much?" Them - "Noooo . . . what would you do if we were Jehovah's Witnesses?" Mom - "Well, I would probably turn the hose on you, I guess." Them - "Oh well, we're (Mormons)." Mom - "Hmmmm, I don't like Mormons much either." They left.
I use the witch line too only I tell them we are having a big witch study group soon so they are welcome to stay but I really have to get busy making tea. They do not take me up on my offer.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='gigishiba']Heck, I just tell them I'm a witch and they say COOL and run the other way! :lol:[/quote]

Umm... I sorta AM a witch... Wiccan really... I wrote about it on my website if ya wana check it out (you'll have to type it in the address though, because geocities...)

[url]www.geocities.com/mistical_wulfs/Wicca.html[/url]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='DogPaddle']Some Mormons came by our place while my mom was out watering the front flowerbeds once. They started talking to her, turning towards them with hose in hand she said "Are you Jehovah's Witnesses, I don't like Jehovah's Witnesses much?" Them - "Noooo . . . what would you do if we were Jehovah's Witnesses?" Mom - "Well, I would probably turn the hose on you, I guess." Them - "Oh well, we're (Mormons)." Mom - "Hmmmm, I don't like Mormons much either." They left.
I use the witch line too only I tell them we are having a big witch study group soon so they are welcome to stay but I really have to get busy making tea. They do not take me up on my offer.[/quote]

LOL We used to live 4 houses up from some Mormons, even though they knew we weren't religious, and they never forced their beliefs on us :D , they usually stopped for a quick chat over the gate while I was doing the garden.

My then 3 y/o was home from kindy for the day, and one of the mormons said to him "Gidday there Mate, Haven't seen you for a while, do you remember who we are?"

My son promptly replied "Yes, Mum said you were the morons." :lol:

Thank doG they had a good sense of humour :roll:

Speaking of things kids say...

I don't have kids and have never claimed to have much for parenting skills, but there was a time when I found myself raising a little boy for a few years. I sometimes forget that children will repeat EXACTLY what they hear.

I always had a tendency to mutter under my breath at other drivers on the road. Really bad things. I figure venting is good. I mean, I'm not whipping out guns or anything, so anger management has done its job and muttering can actually be a good thing.

One of my favorite "call words" on the open road is *blush* d***head. Yup, as in, "move it, d***head!"

This poor kid... I guess he was about three years old at the time and we were in one of those huge mega stores. Some little old blue haired lady who probably couldn't see past the tip end of her nose nearly rammed us with her buggy. My kid didn't miss the chance to screech at the top of his lungs, "Hey, move it, d***head!" Imagine my red face. :oops: