Dogomania

Australian Working Kelpie

bk_blue

*shudder*

I am very glad I live down south- we don't have funnelweb or trapdoor spiders here, it's too cold for them or something. :o
Do you have white-tails in the US/Europe? They are small but NASTY, I know someone who got bitten by one over 10 yrs ago and she still has problems with her leg, it gets all swollen and purply.
My great auntie used to keep huntsmans in her kitchen and let them crawl up and down her arms!! (ok, i know they're harmless, but they LOOK deadly and hairy and everything.)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gigishiba']On grampa's farm he had these HUGE yellow and black spiders......HATE those and don't know what they are but they were scary.[/quote]

Gigi, if they are what I am thinking of they are NOT harmful. They "write" in their webs. I love them! My dad used to come over and always kill them in my barn, and I would chase him away!!! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='corgilady'][quote name='gigishiba']On grampa's farm he had these HUGE yellow and black spiders......HATE those and don't know what they are but they were scary.[/quote]

Gigi, if they are what I am thinking of they are NOT harmful. They "write" in their webs. I love them! My dad used to come over and always kill them in my barn, and I would chase him away!!! :lol:[/quote]

They sure were scary back then! I never paid attention to the webs...just the honkin' spider!