Dogomania

are these english bulldogs???

corgilady

Guest Anonymous

Not saying anything about anyone....I would love to know who on earth decides what breeds the animals in shelters are....Sometimes when I am looking I just beat my head on the desk and scream :o ! I feel unless they have the mother or the father there or some REAL markings how do they know half this or that!! Like 1/2 Dalmation that has chow hair and dobie colors....I just do not get it....And if they do not know.....It's half Lab! Okay sorry venting!!!

Corgi They are cute not sure what they are....cute is one thing pups are the other....I know cute puppies!!

Oh look!!!! Now ~those~ are cuties!!!!

[quote name='Jacsmom']Not saying anything about anyone....I would love to know who on earth decides what breeds the animals in shelters are....Sometimes when I am looking I just beat my head on the desk and scream :o ! I feel unless they have the mother or the father there or some REAL markings how do they know half this or that!! Like 1/2 Dalmation that has chow hair and dobie colors....I just do not get it....And if they do not know.....It's half Lab! Okay sorry venting!!!
[/quote]

hehe. I know what you mean Jacsmom. I was actually looking on that site to see what Corgis were out there. Right now my computer is extreeeemellllyyyyyy slow, and it thinks I should be moving the mouse to get it to load the site (? :o ??). So I click on a dog, wiggle the mouse awhile, waaaaaaiiiitttttt, and ....bingo.....the "corgi" is a lab or a gsd or anything else you can think of that has NO RESEMBLANCE to a Corgi. Sheesh.
Did we lose our eye-rolling emoticon?

Oh by the way.....last night I was directing the choir....and I realized:

[color=green][b]YOU KNOW YOU'VE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER WHEN THE MUSIC SAYS "WITH EMOTION" AND YOU THINK IT SAYS "WITH EMOTICON"!!!![/b][/color]

Guest Anonymous

YOU KNOW YOU'VE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER WHEN THE MUSIC SAYS "WITH EMOTION" AND YOU THINK IT SAYS "WITH EMOTICON"!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEEEEEEE HHHHAAAAWWWWW :D :smilecolros: I would think that would be a clue!!

Guest Anonymous

Cute they are but not looking as if there's any Bulldog in their. They definatley look like they have JRT in there maybe they mean English Bull Terrier! or Perhaps Stafordshire Bull Terrier! The muzzles look heavy set both of the above breeds would give that apperance in their offspring but not if they were crossed with our British Bulldog. :wink:
That's my guess anyway.

HOBO

Those are some cutie pies! I thought I was the only one that wasn't seeing the resemblance of the proposed breed the shelters normally say that it is. I even close both eyes and STILL just can't see any resemblance of the breed that they say it is! Example: Solid black puppy with wrinkles ---- they say it's an ACD. I absolutely roll with laughter!

Oh yeah, a dog listed as a Corgis that looks strangely like a Great Dane. :lol:

They are cheap entertainment, but it would sure be better if they could actually list the correct breed --- because someone may be looking for a puppy just like that and would not even consider looking at it because the breed is listed wrong.

I do know some shelters in Texas that have orders to immediately put down anything that is Pit Bull or APBT crossed --- so they list the breed as something totally different (after the temperment test, or course).

AND this is so off the topic, but --- well never mind, it's just too sad to even bring up.

[quote name='Hobbit']
They are cheap entertainment, but it would sure be better if they could actually list the correct breed --- because someone may be looking for a puppy just like that and would not even consider looking at it because the breed is listed wrong.

[/quote]
Well exactly....or you could be like me and try to get a certain breed BECAUSE YOU WANT THAT BREED, and end up with something completely different <covering dogs ears as I speak>.

This will probably get moved, that's okay.

There are several shelters in Texas that if a pregnant female is brought in, she is automatically put down. It's like under-the-table orders from the administration of the shelter. The only way I found out, is my friend that works at a shelter told me. I was appalled, sickened, just plain mad! The shelter(s) do not try to foster the female, adopt her with a puppy return policy --- nothing, she is automatically destroyed. She wouldn't tell the name or location of the other shelters (she know me too well), but the one she works for is doing this.

Oh the puppies are cute all right... but I think they should be properly labelled because if you are a prospective owner and want a particular breed, and you end up getting something different, you might be a bit annoyed. Then again anyone who wants a purebred should be going to a reputable breeder who knows [i]exactly[/i] how their pups are put together and won't just pop them out like rolls from an oven. :o

[quote name='Jacsmom']if they do not know.....It's half Lab! Okay sorry venting!!![/quote]

Way back when I first moved out on my own and decided I was ready for a dog,I went to the local Humane Society and came home with one of these "shelter Labs" :lol: His name was Winston and they had him listed as a 2 yr old GSD/LAB cross He was gorgeous though ,other than being jet black,I couldn't really see the Lab in him,and even though he was supposedly full grown,in hindsight his paws were awfully LARGE(I should have known better :roll: )
Anyhoo,I was smitten and took him home....to make a long story short,he just kept growing...and GROWING,so 2 months down the road I took him BACK to my vet in a state of complete confusion....turns out Winston was closer to 10 MONTHS old...and was (in my vet's opinion) looking more and more like a GSD/DANE cross everyday.....eeeeek!!! By the time he STOPPED growing he was 160 lbs and could lay his head on my kitchen counter...my neighbors kept asking how my "pony" was...and the pizza guy refused to get out of his car when he made a delivery :lol: He was the sweetest tempered dog though.....

Guest Anonymous

The best though is when the same dog mysteriously CHANGES his breed while in the shelter. I looked at adopting an Am Staff, but chose my rottie boy. I saw him in the paper later listed as a pit bull (which, I know, basically same thing) then listed as a boxer X. Definately not a boxer cross, my bet is they had difficulty adopting him out as either pit or am staff. I know he was there for a year, and decided to increase his chances.

Not that I know much about them, but rat terriers and jrts aren't the same breed. They are similar though.
This is an American Rat Terrier
[img]http://www.ratterrierclub.com/pictures/whisperinsundown.jpg[/img]

This is a Jack Russell Terrier
[img]http://www.terrier.com/image/gallerynew/pic265.jpg[/img]