Dogomania

Disabled dogs rule!

[color=darkred][/color][b] This is about my canine buddy, Liberty (better known as Libby). She was found abandoned, starving, sick...the vet thinks she was a breeder in a Pomeranian puppy mill. Libby only has 3 legs (missing the front left leg) and she was one sad little dog! She eventually landed in the hands of her guardian angel :angel: , Lonnie, who nursed her for a year until Libby was well enough to be adopted. I saw this furry laughing bundle on Petfinders.com, read her story, and my heart went out to her. At the time I had a Pomeranian and my ex-husband didn't want a 2nd dog. We split up and he took our dog with him, and I got lonely for companionship. I went back to the Petfinders website and Libby was still there! She hadn't bonded with anyone who had gone to see her. So I made arrangements to visit.

It was love at first sight! She came hopping out and came right up to me for pets and hugs. Her guardian saw that it was a good match and I took Libby home that same day. It took her a while to adjust to a new home, but now she and I are like Velcro. As soon as I wake up in the morning, she follows me around as I get ready for work. We take our morning "hop" around the apartment complex and breate in the fresh morning air. She stays contentedly at home and waits for me, and we go for another "hop". Most evenings are spent cuddling and brushing, and my reward is the happiness I see in this little dog. I cannot imagine what her life must have been like prior to being found. Puppymills, as we all know, are places where dogs are treated as cash machines and nothing more. Libby's deplorable physical condition spoke volumes about her lack of care. I can only deduce that she was equally deprived of the love and attention that all animal friends deserve. Libby has every right to be suspicious of people, but she's not! She loves everyone, including the children in my neighborhood. She gets so much attention from them...who can resist petting this precious brown-eyed, red-haired fluff ball? Libby teaches these children about kindness to those less fortunate...shows them that giving is so much better than receiving. She brings out the best in people! I'm so grateful for having Libby in my life![/b]

[quote name='JackieMaya'][quote name='drjeffrock']Welcome to Dogo, from another Californian (I am assuming?)
Kudos to you for taking in Libby and giving her the wonderful life she deserves. :angel:[/quote]

How did you figure out she's a California? Do you have ESP? :hmmmm:[/quote]
Well, San Clemente is a coastal town in Southern California. Bunny I assumed was as is beach-bunny. I could be wrong though. 0X