Dogomania

the funny things they do . . .

because my back is all jacked up i sometimes lie down on the floor to do my stretches (snap crackle pop). no matter where my pups are in the house when they hear the snap crackle pop or groans of agony they come running to me. both my dogs are leaners so when they sit with you they have to touch you. gaia usually tries to sit on my shoulder or chest while aspen takes the feet. they face outward as if "protecting" me until i can get up again. if hunny tries to come over and rub my back they will not hear of it -- they either distract him or nudge his hands away. it's quite endearing. i can just imagine what goes thru their minds -- like a police scanner "attention all units we have one momma reported down in the living room; repeat momma DOWN! please respond!"

anyone else have funny little tidbits to share?

That's too cute! :D What great "emergency helpers"! They've got the rapid response down pat. :lol:

Yesterday evening my husband was checking through the DVD drawers at the bottom of the entertainment center but none of his suggestions appealed to me so I joined him to find a title. There we were side by side crouched down when... in zooms Jerry! He lay down neatly between us like the sphinx and supervised the job. Never did find a DVD both of us wanted to watch, but Jerry got a lot of petting out of the deal.

Furkids have a way of sneaking up on you. At the end of the evening I wound up with my laptop on my lap, Ashley draped over my left arm, Ben's head draped over my mouse arm, and Jerry flopped over full length on my feet. :roll: I don't remember any of them actually showing up! :hmmmm:

It's all part of their appeal, isn't it?

lol, That is too cute!!

Whenever my dad is rubbing my moms back, Carse always comes over and nudges his hands away from my mom, and lays ontop of her, not because he doesnt want her rubbed, but because he just wants all of the attention. :roll: :lol:

In our living room we have 2 couches on a 90 degree angle, and then a coffee table in the middle of it. My dad will sit next to the two couches (leaning up on both sides) and my mom will rub his shoulders (As you can see, my family has messed up backs lol). Carse will not hear of it! He'll jump up on my moms lap, lay on my dad, lick his face, rub up against him. Its really cute to see, but my dad doesnt enjoy not getting his neck rub. :P

Zoey's a leaner too, as well as a lap dog. When I'm sitting on the couch or floor she'll start out inoccently enough and just stand next to me to be pet. Then she starting leaning against me heavier and heavier until she finally ends up laying across me.

Zoey also likes to do somersaults into my lap. She starts by planting her head into my stomach, and then lets herself slide downward until she's done a slow motion front flip into my lap.

Sometimes early in the morning when Cinco has to go out he'll come upto whereever your sleeping and if he's headlevel to what your sleeping on he'll sit there and just stare at you until you wake up and since I sleep on my side theres times that I roll over and I'd feel him breathing in my face and open my eyes and he'll be sitting there looking at me like "hello I have to go outside now)

oh i have a helper :) i taught aspen a while ago to pick things up for me when i drop them. then i taught him to put things in a box (toybox, laundry, garbage, anything can be a box for him). he's quite good at it too. however if he sees no work needin done he will create his own. he will steal the remote, drop it on the floor, and look at you as if to say "shall i get that for you, how much does it pay?" he knows full well i can't bend and get it myself haha. a dog that bargains -- he is smarter than me!

Free will not allow sickness, illness or hurt. she will stay by the injured parties side, have to be dragged out to do her business, will lick not only wounds, but dirt, off of anywhere she can reach....

Laurel lays her head in your lap and wont be moved til you're better...or moved at all if she's comfy...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great thread! :lol:

Cosmic ALWAYS has to get in on any hugs that happen. Whenever bf & I hug, he's right there in the middle, wriggling, jumping, pushing his head into us - wanting in on the action. :lol:

He also does a weird "bunny hop" by the side of our bed whenever he wants attention. He'll place his front paws on the bed and bounce away. Imagine an english cocker with his big nose, long ears and goofy smile hopping on his hind legs. :multi: :lol: Sometimes he'll also rub his face in the sheets and snort away. I need to get a video camera so I can record this. :lol: