Dogomania

Yay for nice people!

Kes and I were at the park tonight doing a wee bit of training and having a mad run around. As I was going out the gate a family of parents with 3 young daughters (aged 4,8,11) came over to me. They started petting Kes of course then informed me they were thinking of getting a border collie for their daughters. :o Alarm bells rang and I educated them about the real border collie and my thesis and why bc's are not good for kids or as a first time dog and why they are the highest breed numbers in shelters in the uk.

We had a great chat and I gave them solid honest information and they will now be looking at another breed of which I advised a cairn or a ckcs which would be more suitable for children in terms of maintenance.

They were so nice and grateful for the information and couldn't thank me enough. I just love people who will actually listen sometimes. :D

Guest Anonymous

I wish I ran into more people like that. Instead of the are you gonna breed them (saints)?? Uhhhhh no, they're fixed! I'm glad they actually listened to you and hopefully won't end up with a dog that's all wrong for them! :D

That's great that they really listend to you :klacz: The other day at work, I saw this lady come in the store with like 4 kids, ages ranging between like 1-8 years old, and what kind of puppy did they just get? An Australian Cattle Dog!!!! :o I'm pretty sure that pup will end up in the shelter by the time it's 7 or 8 months :roll: