Dogomania

Pooh Bear is amazing!

Pooh Bear is VERY smart and VERY eager to please, so his training is progressing at an amazing pace.

When the dogs go outside, he knows now that Maya has to get her harness on, and she goes out first. So Pooh Bear sits and waits while I put Maya's harness on her. Then I give Maya a treat and let her go outside. Then I ask Pooh Bear to sit and I give him a treat and let him go outside. Then I give Jackie her treat and let her go outside. Jackie likes to be the last one to go outside.

I feed Maya at one end of the kitchen, Jackie at the other end of the kitchen, and Pooh Bear by the front door. Pooh Bear sits before I put his food in his bowl. When he's done he comes over to me and sits down (just like big sister Maya does) while we wait for slow eater Jackie to finish her dinner.

And the girls have taught him to pee and poop in the minefields. And Jackie taught him to walk around the minefield unless he actually has to go to the bathroom so he doesn't get his little tootsies dirty. And he squats to pee.

He comes when I call him, and he knows the word "no."

He hasn't chewed anything inappropriate (well, other than his bedding in his crate), and hasn't had any potty or poop accidents in the house. Today I put an old rug in his crate, and that seems to have worked the best of anything so far.

Poor little guy has had around six homes in his short life. He's had several foster homes. He was adopted out and returned twice. The first guy that adopted him lost his job and couldn't afford to keep him. The second one that adopted him was a lady and her granddaughter. They had him for a little while, and then the girl decided she wanted a lap dog!

He's really an amazing puppy: very smart and very lovable. We're all having a blast together!