Dogomania

Zoe gave me a scare

In the morning I went downstairs and as I was going down, I saw Zoe lying flat on the rug in the hall. Thats strange because Zoe sleeps in the utility room so that she doesn't set off the house burglar alarm. I thought "Oh gosh no..something has happened during the night and shes died and Dad has laid her out on the mat". She didn't look like she was breathing at all and I screamed "Zoe" at her. The big lig raised her head and thumped her tail wondering what all the fuss was about! :o Someone must have left the utility room door open and shes dandered in but wow she really did give me a shock!

I had a pony do that to me once too. I was going out to the pasture, and the pony (not mine) was flat out on his side and I couldn't see his sides moving at all. All I could think was "please don't let him be dead, please don't let him be dead." And when I got almost up to him he lifted his head from his nap (and was probably giggling at me).

I had the same sort of scare once.

I came home.
Fiddled with my keys.
Fiddled with the lock.
Opened the door.
Was completely able to put down my purse, hang up my coat AND take off my shoes!

There was NO chorus of barking. There was NO moshpit of dogbutts, fuzzy tails and hard little dog heads.

Naturally I assumed they were dead.

:lol: :roll: