Dogomania

Wondering something, and question

Ash

What kind of dog do you have??? Is it very playful? What's the activity level is basically what I'm asking? lol.

Well the reason I'm asking is this... My cousins have a yellow lab. The dog weighs 113 lbs, and is huge!

I always bring Smokie (black lab) a toy when I go home. And I felt bad for Katie because she has no toys. So anyways the last couple times I've brought her a toy, and she could seriously careless about it. She'd rather be eating a treat. Now Smokie loves to eat but he'd much rather prefer a new toy!

Smokie loves his toys to death. He must have 50 or more toys! Katie has the ones I bought her, I guess one she burried and the other is still on the garage floor.

I just think it's odd she's so different compared to Smokie.. lol.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='leahluvsherpups']I have a Border Collie that shows almost no interest in toys or anything else that a typical BC should like. Factory reject I guess but I love her all the same.[/quote]

lol sorry but that last statement was too funny!!

Lets see..

I have 1 aussie 1 rottie and 1 pom

lets start with my aussie Cody.
he's 50 pounds
( hopefully if we can get in to agility somehwere he can loose his winter fat ) He's a couch potato, but when we are outside playing or at the dog park he's go go go, typical aussie energy. he loves to play with you, but is content to just lay in your lap on the couch all day long also.

Zoey the rottie.. 70pounds.. lots of energy not as much as Cody but still got energy i should add ALL 3 of my dogs LOVE toys they have a basket filled to the top with toys that are so destroyed i dotn even know what they are any more!.. anyways she loves to play but is also a couch potato...

Stryker the pommie.. HOLY COW BATMAN! that dog has got more energy then my aussie.. he's go go go 24/7 well. when he wants to he does sleep in bed with me all night and once he's a sleep he refuses to move a muscle.. but during the day you can't get him to slow down, he's 12 pounds and his favoirte toy to play with his is big sister Zoey.. lol when she doesn't want to play he's busy flinging all the toys outta the basket and running around like a chicken with its head cutt off!

I think it totally depends on the dog and the way they are raised.......
I have Bongo, a Kelpie, GSD, dog knows what else mix who has never played with toys much - when he was young, we got him a variety of differnt toys - he occasionally chewed on rope bones but has always much preferred a treat to toys.....
Bailey, a beagle/whippett mix, is totally the opposite - she thinks the world revolves around toys :roll: she cant have too many soft squeaky toys!

Guest Mutts4Me

My chow-ish mutt has virtually no interest in toys. She was neglected for the first year of her life and probably didn't know what a toy was. She gets rawhides in lieu of toys. She has one stuffed animal tug toy she;s had since she came here, and once every couple months, she'll pull it out, play with it for less than a minute, and stop.

This is an interesting thread, I like reading about everyone's dogs and what their personalities and quirks are :)

My two:

Beckham - 1 yr old rescued APBT mix. He has the energy for at least 4 hours of play every day, but NEEDS at least one hour of hard playing each day or he turns in to a bossy brat. He does like toys, he has never destroyed any, I don't think he plays with them by himself though. Loves the squeaky plush balls from his I-Qube. Loves to chase them, but isn't so good about bringing them back. At the dog park he is all about wrestling with other dogs, he pays no attention to toys there.

Adora - 5 month old French Bulldog. She has a reasonable amount of energy, enough for 3 hours of playing per day. She usually wrestles with Beckham for about an 1 1/2 hrs at night and she takes lots of breaks. She likes toys, doesn't destroy them, plays when them by herself when she's feeling energetic. She has a Hollee Roller ball that she loves batting around and chasing. My gal does not fetch - she's definately not a retriever!

Both of my two love going to the dog park and doggie daycare and both prefer wrestling with other dogs to playing with toys. If they can wrestle with a toy, that's good too :)

i think mine has A.D.D. :wink:
she has so many toys for a puppy she goes from one to another to another until she gets tired and her eyes and nose turns red!! and sometimes she doesn't know what to play with so she sits their and barks lol shes so goofy!!

debbie, on the message board "she's 11 weeks still think she is a pr terrior" you asked how buch she weighed and i said she weighed 6lb 13 oz and her 10 week shot. what do you think?

cassie

I have the beautiful, the stunning, the [i]hyper[/i] Kyra. She is a Labrador Retriever mix and just a terror when it comes to energy level. She constantly wants to be bouncing all over the place and playing some sort of little game. She has more energy than we know what to do with. :roll:

I can honestly say that she is the most energetic Lab I have ever met. I usually hear how Labs are "couch potatoes" or "slugs" around the house. Kyra? Um, no!! She is the polar opposite of that generalization. This girl is barrels and barrels of zoomies! :P

I own a dog walking/dogsitting business and usually each dog gets walked twice a day to ensure they aren't ruining my house when we come back. :lol: Kyra is the exception. Other than the Border Collie I sit for, she is the only one who gets more than two walks. For those two, I have to jog as fast as possible twice a day to tire them out. That's not including a dog park visit...

But K does have ever "down time" where all she wants to do is snooze and watch TV with Kev. I love her to bits but she is "special" to say the least. ;) Definitely not your average Lab..that's why she's my baby!!

She doesn't have many toys...mostly bones. She kills stuffies too fast. I'm going to buy her some new ones as soon as I get a cheque from one of the doggy parents I sit for. I bet she'll be bouncing off the walls! LOL

Any other breed you want to know about I can probably help with, I see a variety of breeds each day...