Dogomania

Jack Russell/Parson Russell?

pyrless

the distinctions between jack russell and parson russell terrier differ quite a bit, depending where in the world you are. it gets even more complicated if you differentiate between jack russell terrier, parson russell terrier and russell terrier.

parson russell terriers were originally known as jack russell terriers in the american kennel club because the name

TDG, hit it right on the nose !! :wink:

The Parson's are also built more squarely...with being just slightly longer in body than they are tall.
For conformation the Parson's should be 13in. female and 14in. Male.

Jack Russell's are 10"- 12" and are overall longer in body than they are tall...for instance;
My Maisy is 14in. tall but 17in. long
Sassy is 12in. tall, and 13 1/2 in. long.

The Jacks/Parson's are also supposed to be at least 51% white.
They say in judging the more white they are the more they are picked.
But, if you see them in commercials on T.V you will almost always see a Jack with more color and they're usually the shorties. :wink:

Hope this helped some.......... :D

Thanks you guys, it makes sense to me now! I think it's kind of cool that the JRT club wanted to preserve the working heritage of the breed.
Kiwi-did you watch Westminster? There was a gorgeous colored bull terrier in the group who really caught my eye.