Dogomania

Future dreams?

Sunneva

Do ya have any future dreams with dogs?
I have;
I wanna be a groomer and begin with two papillons and then maby get more and get chinese crested and powder puff. Then I want to get to the land a mudi and maby groenandel or tervueren. :wink:

I know those are lots of plans, but this is what I want. :wink:
I think I

Looking back I had dreams. I have been watching Crufts every year since I was very young (I used to get my cuddly dogs and do dog shows with them my Mum says!) and I was always wowed by the obedience championships. Back then it was my dream to one day have a dog that was good enough to compete at Crufts in the Obedience champs and last year that dream came true :D

My dream is sort of backward. While I love all my critters dearly, I dream of the day when I can live like normal people with only two or maybe three dogs and a c@t instead of ten dogs and five cats like I currently have. I'd like to be able to take a vacation once in a while, or evacuate from an incoming hurricane without having to worry about major logistics headaches (did that one this past hurricane season).

I'd still like to be involved with rescue, but more from an administrative or organizational position. More help with transporting which would be more feasible since I would be able to leave home for longer periods (I'd love to do more than just a few hours of a trip.... even a couple of days is fine with me). I'd still like to foster, but will probably try to get some kind of help and organization going so that I don't end up in foster h*ll. Something that will get the dogs more exposure so they aren't stuck here forever.

While I intend to have fewer dogs, I intend to be more involved with them. I am planning with certainty to get involved in agility or competitive obedience and am still tossing the idea around of getting into conformation showing. That one's still up in the air, but I am for sure planning on the agility and/or obedience.

Basically, fewer dogs, but more involvement. And I'm sure I'll still be grooming, barring any unexpected disasters. Within the next year or so, I plan to be grooming competitively (of course, I say that every year, but breaking my ankle last year really put a lot of my plans on a back burner). I'm definitely going into competition grooming.

Funny, we've talked about something like that too. Win the lottery, buy a few hundred acres somewhere secluded, and adopt 20 dogs.

[quote name='JackieMaya']If I won the lottery and didn't have to work any more, I would have a senior dog retirement home.[/quote]

Lets see...Well I have wanted a yorkie for years...May never get one, but I want one. My husband wants GSD's...Also our county has recently started a humane society here and once they get land and a building I am planning to do some volunteering. That's my dream, to help animals, maybe even become a foster pet parent when the humane society needs it.