Dogomania

Pixie's stitches

boosiebutt

Pixie was doing pretty well keeping away from her stitches, but last night she was licking them a lot. Plus she kind of walks three legged, because she uses her back left foot to scratch at them while she walks. This is what they look like now:

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/853465/Stitches.JPG[/img]

So, what should I do? Do I try to get her into the vet tomorrow? Does she need an ecollar? Do they sell baby ecollars at Petco? Do I put something on it?

Help!

I put a gladware on her head, but I wasn't sure if it would be safe to leave it on while she's in her crate all day, so I took it off before I left. Hopefully she sleeps a lot and leaves the stitches alone today. I called the vet, and they said to bring her in. I'm taking Peanut in too to get his ears checked out.

honestly i much prefer this collar -- if you have to use one.

[img]http://www.vetamerica.com/ProductImages/2896.jpg[/img]

it's called a bite not collar and you can get them at [url]vetamerica.com[/url]. they even come in sizes for dogs under 10lbs. here is what the website says about them . . . .
Bite Not Dog Collars (Under 10 lbs)

A comfortable & easy to-use alternative to the Elizabethan collar. Allows pet to eat drink, sleep, play, run up stairs & around corners & even sit on laps. With these collars, your pet's peripheral vision is unimpeded making them calmer & happier. Collars are made of flexible plastic & are secured by Velcro, elastic wrap-around strap & harness strap, which wraps around your pet's chest.

Well, took the puppies in. The fitted Pixie with an itty bitty e collar.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/853465/ecollar.JPG[/img]

The Dr said that she was going to give some cream to put around the sutures but not on the sutures, but the girls up front forgot to put that in. So, I'll have to go look for some diaper rash stuff.

Peanut has a "raging" yeast infection (the Dr's exact wording!) in his ears So I have some medicine for that, plus some ear wash I'm supposed to use from now on after every bath. Plus, I'm supposed to keep his ears plucked out. Which I'm starting a thread about right now in the Care section.

I took Pixie in to get her stitches out. Plus she got her rabies and a lepto-parvo booster. She's doing pretty well right now, hopefully she doesn't get super tender tonight! She does have a little bit of scabbing from where she messed with her stitches before we got her "party hat." So she gets to where the e-collar for another week. I can't wait till she can get onto my bed and the couch again without my help (the e-collar snags when she tries to jump up).

Oh, poor Pixie! I hated watching Scout trying to do anything with his e-collar on. It made me so sad. Him trying to sleep in his kennel was the worst. Everytime he would move it would scrape against the side. We decided that while he had it on, he could sleep in our room. Guess where he always sleeps now? Here's a hint, the kennel is in the shed :lol: