Dogomania

BK got in a fight

bk_blue

*sigh* he's ok... now. Well, he's still a bit torn up but better than he was, apparently.

This happened a week ago and I only found out a few hours ago (if anyone doesn't remember, he lives with my dad). I am pissed off that Dad didn't tell me, because I have spoken to him this week about unrelated matters, and he didn't bring it up at all, but anyway, to the fight.

BK was being walked off lead down at the local park. He ran off to the on-lead area before anyone could stop him and went up to a bull terrier that was on-lead. As Dad told my sister who told me, the other dog just ripped into him without warning. Dad's fault for not having him on lead, not being able to control him, etc etc, but it must have been very quick. I've never had a *major* problem with BK and other dogs in all these years, certainly not to the point where he's doing any serious fighting, so whether this dog was just super-nasty or what, I don't know. I am a bit annoyed that he wasn't on-lead but I wasn't there, so I'm just reiterating what was told to me. So he has a couple of puncture holes in his side (they are pretty nasty according to my sister), he's limping, and the vet said he might be a bit funny around other dogs from now on- but he was fine with Lizie tonight, apparently.

Anyway. I've been too busy to post and read much and even see my dog (otherwise I wouldn't have had to have found out secondhand information about him), but that's the story. :-?