Dogomania

I hate dealing with people

StarFox

Oh boy today I got to deal with, not one, but TWO morons at the shelter! Oh what fun! :-? :roll:

The first was a woman who came up to me while I was putting SOXY a pit bull back into her kennel. She comes up to me and says "Oh you have so many pit bulls here at the shelter, why do you have so many? It's because they are mean and they get agressive and nobody wants them, huh?"
I must have had this WTF? are you talking about look on my face i swear. So I told her "No actually we get so many in here people people don't spay and neuter there dogs. We also get them because people THINK that they are mean and agressive. I haven't meet one agressive pit here, they are the freindliest breed as a whole that I have meet so far. If I could take them all home I would.". Then she says "Oh so they are nice?". :wallbash:

Before I could say anything this little girl runs up to the woman and says "Miss. Jones they have bunnies here!". That's when I relized that the woman was a First grade TEACHER that was on a feild trip with her class. :shocked!: Good to know that she is teaching the future of america. :(

The second moron..I mean person I came across was a woman looking for a second dog. She asked if we had any medium mixed dogs (uhh only about 20!). So I pointed her to a small rotti X. And she goes "Oh no! Rotties will turn on you! Plus my boyfreind won't let me have a rottie since they are so mean. Don't you think that's weird that he won't let me have one since we have a pit mix and you know how they are!" :o

I told her that "Any dog can turn if it isn't treated right. And rotties don't "turn" on there masters, neither do pits."

Honestly where do these people come from! Sheesh! I'd like to hit some of them upside the head with a nylabone!

Anyways here is SOXY the evil pitty! Unfortunatly she has been at the shelter since I have started volenteering there. I hope she finds a home soon. :(
[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=thumb&ID=A170786&LOCATION=PSDN[/img]

And the rottie-
[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=thumb&ID=A172169&LOCATION=PSDN[/img]

Wow you have the hardest job in the world, not only do you have to deal with frustrating uninformed, stupid, moron people but you are surrounded by beautiful, gorgeous, perfect animals all in need of a home. (I could picture every dog coming home with me and snoozing in my bed!) That

Kinda along this topic.....we were at Petsmart the other day and a young couple was walking along with a pittie (looked to be around a year) and a hound mix puppy.

I, of course, scampered on up and asked if I could say hello to their dogs. They smiled and got down on the ground with me. Well, I was covered in three seconds by pittie slobber and a paw to the face, but I loved every minute of it.

Now, I know a 'bully' breed.....but I cannot tell a difference between some of them, so I asked if she was a Staffy. And it was so sad, because they just looked at each other and replied, "Well, we'll say that she is."

I looked at them and smiled and said, "You are looking at a girl who thinks breed ban is BullS***!"

They broke out in a huge smile and said, "Well, in that case, she's a pure bred Pit."

I just think it's so sad that they didn't even want to tell me what she was. I looked at Jeremy after we left and he said to me, "Oh yeah.....how vicious!" We just rolled our eyes.