Dogomania

Whats wrong with my puppie??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My puppy (4 Months old maltese poodle crossed with an mini pinsher) Lady was a very sparky, happy doggie wo ran around with bottles twice as big as her in her mouth because she just loved them.

Now she just sleeps, walk around as if in a trance with her ears flat on her head and when she pee's, It's a very dark yellow color. I haven't seen her poo yet. She hasn't been vacinated yet. she's been for her second raybees shot just about two weeks ago.

she still eats and drinks, although not as much as she used to.

What could be wrong with her?

Could be lots of things. Its somewhat possible that she is about to go through a growth and is tired but it could very well be more serious than that. Dehydration sounds like its a possible symptom though. Push the water, give small ice chips and call the vet. Until all innocs are finished Parvo is a concern.

She should be vaccinated as soon as she gets over this illness. The chance of parvo is far more probable than rabies as she would have to be bitten to contract rabies, but would only have to be where a parvo dog has walked in order to contract parvovirus. Make sure she is well hydrated and also offer her small quantities of honey on your finger as she may be hypoglycaemic which is a low blood sugar level. At her age and size make sure that her meals are frequent in small amounts. She should be fed around 4 times a day.

Guest Anonymous

One rabies shot and a follow-up shot a month later. By law (in KZN, SA) she has go for the rabies shot.

Will get her vacs-shots as soon as possible.

I took her to the vet last night. She contracted a virus that attacked her red blood sells.

3 shots later and she's looking a whole lot better today.

Guest Anonymous

Some funny name. But the Virus gets spread by ticks. I did keep her clean, but the one I missed infected her.

She started chewing bottles again! :D :D :D

Almost back to her normal self. SOoooooo Glad

Thanx for your advice guys.