Dogomania

Cleaning a Kong.

StarFox

How often does everyone clean there Kong? Does your dog still want to play with it after? Because everytime I clean Zebs Kong he refuses to go near it, no matter what I put in it. So I don't realy clean it that often and it gets all nasty inside. I don't clean it with soap, just hot water and a baby bottle brush. I know he dosn't want to play with it because the "good smell" is gone but he is seriously afraid of it and will run from it when it's clean. :roll: :-? Anyone elses dog do this?

I used to wash Indy's by hand every night with hot soapy water and put it in the dishwasher once a week. Cleaning it never seemed to bother him - but then again he is a guts and can't resist any type of food.

Since we got Kira I don't really stuff the kong with food anymore since I don't leave them with things that have the potential to cause fights.

Guest Anonymous

I don't clean Zoey's and Cody's Kong. I just normally put dog treats in there, little bones and stuff.. nothing that is goign to get yucky in there. lol come to think of it i haven't seen their kongs in a while....... think it's time to move the couches! :o

[quote name='mouseatthebusstop']gladis had a little teddy-bear which she loved, it got very dirty so I washed it. She has not played with it since[/quote]

Aww I can't help but laugh a little. That's exactly how zebra is. If I dare clean anything of his he won't touch it and looks at me like I'm some kind of monster. :roll: