Dogomania

Now I remember why we don't vacation...

gooeydog

We're going to a family reunion out of state Saturday (well, I'm leaving Friday eve, my mom and grandparents on Sat morning), and had to make arrangements for someone to come and feed Haley in the afternoon, take her, Goo, and Annie out (my dad will take Joey and Casey, but he won't be home until around 4 in the afternoon, and Hale will need to go out befor ethen), rotate Haley and Goo at least once, as well as give Hale her shot if we're not back by 8:30pm, and feed them all and take out again if something happens that we end up really behind schedule and aren't back in time. Luckily, a friend up the road is coming to handle it all, but because she doesn't feel safe walking Goo if one of the neighbors dogs comes trotting over and starts trouble, I had to set up a cable tie-out for her to use as backup along with a leash for Goo's walks (we tested that out today, it was interesting, to say the least :roll: ). Then came the feeding instructions, Hale's insulin dose and reminder on how to do that, blah, blah, blah.... it's no wonder we never go anywhere :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I know the feeling well. My husband keeps dreaming of the day the dogs are fewer in number so that we can travel. My parents think that is crazy...they only had to wait for us kids to grow up.

Whew, I'm tired just reading all that!! I know what you mean though. I'm very luck that my Mom lives with us and the girls are older. So when we go away, just me and Joe, I have a lot of back up :D The problems arise when we all go away together, which doesn't happen much any more

Guest Anonymous

man do i know the feeling. haveing dogs is like haven' kids for us. lol we can't just pop out of town for the weekend anymore, we have to no find someone to watch the dogs adn i must say i'm VERY picky and will not leave Cody with ANYONE but my mom when i am down in AZ ( cuse he goes with me .. she'll watch him for a few hours while i go out ) Zoey i dont trust a lot of people with eaither.. she normally gets to stay at the inlaws though. they are really good with her about that but they dont have a fenced in yard so no way cody's goign there p l;us he's sensitve and i think he would get very sick and upset if i were to leave him for along period of time he's so dependable on me..

[quote]Oh man, I was hoping for more pictures of Goo in a duffel bag![/quote]
:lol: Not this time. Since we're not going to be there all day sat anyway, no point in dragging her out and making her stay in a strange place by herself all day long, she'd be like this :o . The person coming to take care of them is someone they see just about everyday, so it shouldn't be a big deal for her to be taking care of them. I just ran through the list of phone numbers in case anything happens, and by the time I was done, I was feeling like the worried parent who hounds the babysitter about anything and everything :lol: