Dogomania

Do your dogs eat better than you do???

My dogs get fed BARF so like Kiwi I'm not sure that I would consider it better - to me it seems gross. I even pretty much close my eyes as I'm cutting up their liver, kidney or hearts etc on offal nights as it really disgusts me :wink:

However, I know I put way much more thought into their food than I do mine and I know they eat a lot healthier. I won't let them have anything that I consider "junk food". I also make sure they get a lot of variety, so they don't eat the same meal day in day out.

[quote name='K']Just have to add I LOVE Dr Pepper but why dont thay make it in a diet version???[/quote]

They Do! At least here they do. I don't drink anything diet but I've seen commercials that are like, "Real Doctor Pepper Tastes Just like Regular Doctor Pepper!"

[quote name='Cassie']They still make Dr. Pepper??? :o
I thought that went out of style like disco music... 8) [/quote]

Shut yo mouf!! :o

I'd probably thirst right to death if they stopped making Dr. Pepper. Some people have coffee in the mornings... Peanut & I have Dr. Pepper. I don't generally drink a lot of sodas, but if I do, it HAS to be Dr. Pepper. It seems to be very popular in the south. When I used to be a professional tourist :P , it could sometimes be very hard to find DP the further I traveled out of the south. I don't remember EVER drinking DP when I was in Canada.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Guest, can I ask where you got that information from? I want to look into it more...[/quote]

Uh, what information specifically?

If you mean general info on home-cooked food, aside from participating and lurking :oops: on many forums, these books were pretty influential:

- Dr. Pitcairns Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats
- Food Pets Die For (Shocking/Amazing Read. :o )
- Home Prepared Dog & Cat Diets
- Holistic Guide for a Healthy Dog (Don't do BARF, but her explanations on indredients/supplements are pretty useful)

Reading about the disgusting practices of the pet food industry was what ultimately convinced me to go fresh. It also helps that my baby NEVER complains about his food! (Unlike the rest of my family) :lol: