Dogomania

aarrggghh...the Jehovah's Witnessess

courtnek

there is an uncontrollable BARKFEST GOING ON HERE!! I CANT even THINK with all the damn neighbrohood dogs barking, growling and baying...

The JW are here, going door to door, and the dogs are freaking out!

every dog in the neighborhood is up in arms!! Including my Foxhound, who's bay is just annoying enough to be painful...

ggrrrrrrr....

:o :o :o :o

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='courtnek']every dog in the neighborhood is up in arms!! Including my Foxhound, who's bay is just annoying enough to be painful...
[/quote]

Sorry :( I've always said I could never have anything that bays. After living next door to beagles (in varying numbers), it drives me crazy. I can't imagine being in the house with it.

LOL@Guest!!

yea, they dont like people wandering around in the neighborhood....
and Amber, yes, I agree. We have Beagle neighbors as well... the bay
is loud, and ear-splitting...good for protection..NOT GOOD when the JW's
are around....

It's WORSE when the Foxhound is baying and the Lab mix is barking...

aarrgghhh...

I apologize. I was not trying to be offensive, I was just irritated. I have nothing against the JW except that my neighborhood has a dog in practically every house, and they all go ballistic when people go door-to-door. The noise was the issue, not the JW themselves...

:oops: :oops:

I don't like people who try to preach at me- unfortunately this applies to every single JW that has come to my door. :-? I don't care if one is religious- that's fine- but I *do* care if it's shoved down my throat (and I can't think of any other religion than the JWs who doorknock). Appreciate that we are all different and that's what makes us all special, including the right to decide ourselves if we're religious or not.

I don't think guest being a "guest" and not "one of us" has anything to do with it either ie. of one of "us" had said it, it would still be offensive to some. However, IMO political correctness has gone too far; it will one day get to the stage where we'll have to seal our lips up to avoid offending anyone :)

Guest Anonymous

I agree with bk 100% on this one. I find it incredibly annoying when my doorbell rings and its someone trying to push their beliefs on me!! Its great you have your beliefs but please leave me to my own. (this is not being said to you, peng1, just to anyone in general trying to push their beliefs on me!!)

I'm with bk and hmmm on this one!
It's fantastic that somebody believes strongly about somthing, but it's not nessecary to try and push their beliefs to somebody else. I'm in the Lutheric church myself and even if I don't go to the church that ofter or pray every night, I still believe. I don't need anybody else pushing their beliefs on me. I have my own, they have theirs and it's fine just like that. :)
And this is not directed to you peng1 in any way or the Jehovah's witnesses. I mean religions and beliefs in general. Not a specific religion.

I agree. My beliefs are my own, however, I want you Peng to understand that my irritation was not with the JW's themselves...they have the same right to believe what they want...but with the noise that their door-to-door visits cause in a neighborhood like this. I only object to the few that will not take "sorry I'm not interested" as a reply and insist on talking over me.

So as I said, if I unintentionally insulted you, I apologize.

Guest Anonymous

I think that is great that they have beliefs and do like the bible says and go to the masses but there are limits. I am never rude to them, mind you, but i do let them know in no unceratin terms that i have a religion of my own, that i believe very solidly in.... and for them to come and push thier faith on me is equally wrong. one day i was out walking Daz and dotchie(a little pit bull/ boxer mix) and was approached by two JW. Dotchie was barking up a storm and very aggitated which in turn gets daz going, I am correcting and pulling the dogs away as he is continuing at me to give me one of those damn fliers... It made me so mad. Its like you see my dogs are not happy... with you, as they are barking and growling at you, yet you continue to approach them... '"No, stop, dont come over here, stay back." I felt bad for having to snap at him but its like "dude, what do you think is going to happen if you come walking over here?"
sorry about the rant but when i sa the subjest it brought it back to me.

I hate door to door peddlers of any kind. My husband and I actually had to move once to get rid of some religious zealots. We had ordered one of those "free" Mormon book of something or other and they NEVER left us alone after that. No amount of begging, pleading, cajoling, threatening got rid of them. They came at all hours wanting to talk about that freaking book. We actually moved and changed our phone number to get away from them.

It's not to pick on religion, though I find that especially reprehensible. Religion is such a private issue and to have someone come to my home to discuss it with me... I'd just as soon have someone show up at my door to ask about my feminine hygiene routine so they can tell me how I'm doing it wrong. It's that personal to me.

Still, I'm just as annoyed at the people who, at the start of the school year, let their children virtually assault me with pleads to buy candy, candles, calendars and all kinds of other crap to support school programs (which usually gets me started on a rant about my taxes supporting schools, though I have no children to utilize those "services"... that's all you're getting from me, now shoo!). I find that as annoying as religious peddlers, door to door salespeople and, heck, telemarketers. Anything that involves someone coming to or calling my home to "present" something to me is invasive and unwelcome and, after the problem we had with the Mormons, I don't use niceties to get rid of them. I blatantly tell them I am NOT interested and that does NOT mean I'll want to hear about it later, so do NOT come back later. Around here, the Southern Baptists and Methodists are just as bad. Whenever they get on a kick to drum up membership, they resort to canvasing neighborhoods and handing out literature and wanting to just "chat."

Maybe I'm just not a people person. :o

I can't wait until I live sooooooooo far out in the boonies, they can't find me. :-?

Our church(Baptist) goes door to door but if the person says they are not interested we respect that and just leave them with a tract if they want it. After all, if a person isn't interested what is the point of staying and talking right? It's just wasted talk after that as far as I'm concerned.

I can agree that I don't like door to door solicitors either...... we never use our front door, everyone that knows us comes to our back door.
So , when the front doorbell rings, I peek out the window and if I don't know them, I don't answer the door !! Simple as that. :P

My SIL is a Jehovahs Witness and it's wonderful for her, she never tries to jam it down our throats.
I have 2 brothers however that are Southern Baptists and they have no qualms about telling you , you won't go to heaven if you're not one of them.... :-? :roll:

My statement to them is I live my life in a good manner and I'm kind to other people and animals. I believe in God, and I don't have to go to church to do it. :wink:
I also say this to them..... :agrue:
And what makes YOUR religion the RIGHT and ONLY religion ??
How about the Muslims, Catholics, Buddists, ect..ect...ect....????
I'm sure they all think they're religion is the best too !!
Sometimes (like my brothers), religious fanatics are the biggest HYPOCRITS !! :evil:

Everyone should be free to believe what they want to believe without any guff from anyone else. That's what this country was founded on. :D

We get them so bad here in this military city I live in. My husband has an injury from being a paratrooper. His parachute didn't open all the way and he came down on his head...giving him a brain injury which we've been dealing with for 8 months. Everytime the door bell rings or someone knocks on the door and the dogs go crazy he about loses it.

I put a note on our front door....so they actually all the sudden started going to the side door and then they'd say that they didn't see the note on the front door when I said something about it :roll: I ended up putting notes on both doors that if they were selling or promoting ANYTHING at all that because of the abuse and lack of respect we've taken in with this problem being around here we didn't want anything and weren't interested.

Every once and awhile one will still be ballsy enough to knock or something but for the most part we don't get too many visitors anymore.

I HAD signs on the front door that said "no soliciting", "no peddlers" etc...

I was told by the Town that I needed PERMITS to display them.....The only sign I could display was "Beware of Dog", and it had to be on the front door and on the fence, wherever the dogs could be seen or heard....

however, I took those down because of all the trouble people have had with that particular sign if their dogs seemed mean in any way...not taking the chance on that one...when I asked why I could not display no solicitor signs, they said the solicitors have the right to try to sell their wares..and I didnt have to answer the door, etc...except you cant get to my back door
unless you come through a locked fence, so basically, you cant get there at all....

This is a very religious cultured community, we have 4 or 5 different types of churches in this one neighborhood...I dont know if they complained about the no soliciting signs or not....