Dogomania

it's been a while... i need your prayers! ( well Zoey does )

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok first off i haven't been on beucase my grandparents were in town a week ago, then on weds, the night before thanksgiving i was in a car accident and i've been laid up and drugged out of my mind.. i'm back but in a lot of pain....

now the bad newsa few months ago i found a small bump on zoeys right knee.. ( i go over the dogs once a month) at ttime *( about 2 monts ago) it was the size of a dime.. well i noticed yesterday it's the size of a half dollar now andshe is limping on it.. so i went to the vets today and the vet on base said to go out a civilian vet becuase all the vets on base are deployed. they think it's eiather a tumor or a cyst. i'm so scared. zoey is only a year old. and she might have cancer?? my husband is so scared he actually cried.. this time last year we had to have our old Rottie Alizay put to sleep because she was only a year old but had cacer in her lungs and only had a life span of 2 more months. so now justin is worried that this is going to end up like Alizay all over again.
i am goign to call first thing in the AM to find a vet that we can go to, since i NEVER knew that our vet was deployed... i am also getting pet insurace for them in the AM through Petsmart so .... i just dont knwo what to think.... i'm so worried....she bit our neighbor yesterday. and she has NEVER done that before she loves Bubba ( our neighbor )

also Cody is acting very weird, he all the sudden cowers when people come to the house he runs up to them and then as soon as he gets close he gets the ground and crawls over to me and hides with his head on my lap .. he cowers like they are going to hit him and he's NEVER BEEN HIT IN HIS LIFE.. well as long as i've had both dogs i've never hit hem.. and these are people that cody knows, we dont let strangers int he house..... it was so werid.... i dont knwo what to think...... gesh..
any ideas??

Oh Naomi.....I'm so sorry your going through so much right now. I was just thinking about you and wodnering where you have been. I know i've siad this before, but I sure wish I was closer to you to help. I'll be sending all my positive thoughts and prayers to you and Zoey. Please keep us updated, sweetie..........*big hugs*

Guest Anonymous

well i called petsmart and their vets ( Banfeild vet hosp. ) will See Zoey.. they saw her when she was just a wee little puppy and she was really really sick. so i feel comfortable and safe going there.. Also Lee Anne the trainer will be there since Hubby can't make it. we go today at 5 pm. i'll let you know ASAP!

I'm so sorry about everything your doing through DAL! I have a cyst on my wrist but its tiny and the doctor almost couldnt find it, lol. He couldn't figure out how I knew it was there. It causes discomfort and it could as well be that. My grandmas dog also had this baseball sized tumor on his shoulder - not cancerous. There really isn't much you should get worked up over. Both issues we thought it was cancer - and we're fine! I'm sure Zoey will be fine. Just keep praying and hope for the best. If worse comes, know that she's going to be happy in the end.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, I'm so sorry Dal!! *tones of hugs and puppy kisses... and some kitty kisses too* Best thoughts, and don't fret, hopefully it's just a fat deposit or something... Tazzy had one once and we were scared she had cancer, but it was just a fat deposit. Jared's got one on his arm too and it's really gross, he always grabs it and moves it around :o *shudders* ugh, it's so gross.
Rest lots dear! Get better, and I hope your pooches will be A-OKAY in no time! Have you told Lee Ann about Cody's behavior? I'm sure she might be able to help.

Oh thats so sad......
Im sure its nothiung. And if it is something then everythign will turn out ok. Trust me. I mean youll get a new pup and everything will be OK!!!!! Always think of the positives never ever think of the negatives. ever. never think oh she may die. always think, if its her time to go, she will fly away and ill see her again.
Thats the only way to think!
My wishes and kisses and hugs!

hang in there DAL...cysts that grow are not necessarily cancerous...my ex had them on his back all the time...

and mayne Cody is just sensing your stress and reacting. After Zoey has ben checked and you know, things might settle down with Cody.

all thoughts and hugs to you!!

:angel:

Guest Anonymous

well went to the dr and zoey is schedualed on the 16 DEC at 3 for biopsy, xrays and blood work.

you see before we noticed how big it had gotten in a month we went and bought a cam corder and xmas gifts for the famil. and the cost of all the tests for zoey will be 900.00
we we asked the dr and he thinks that it could be a bone chip from her elbow that chipped off and has calcium build up on it. it's attached to her bone he said and when he messed around with her leg he said her elbow pops when it extends but he's not overly concerned due to her young age and said he understands since it's christmas time and doesn't think it will hurt to put if off until the 16th, so we both feel much better, but will feel best when all the tests are done. but he assured us she is not in pain and not to get all worked up until we get the test results back.
only bad thing is hubby will be deployed on the 15th for a week over in eastern washington so he wont be here for hte apt. and i will have no way to let him know what happens. so it will be a hard week for him..
but thanks for all the possitive thoughts and prayers! they seem to be working!!!