Dogomania

Scare of my life!

atghylin

I was sitting here looking for more apartments while Kristopher played outside in the front yard. He comes in and says "Mom, the guy needs you." I look over to see the front door is wide open. I tell him to close it before he lets Felix out... too late. Felix is gone. I grap a leash and tell Kristopher to stay in the yard. I'm walking the nieghbor behind Felix in my socks as I watch where he goes to see if I can cut him off somewhere. On the next street down from our house he comes straight at me then suddenly vears off to circle me. (This is his favorite game when runs off like this.) I turn around to watch him as a HUGE Suburban drives directly behind me and Felix runs straight at it. :shocked!: I froze in horror as I watched the front tires miss him by inches! I don't think the driver realized how close she actually came to hitting my dog as she continued to drive after noting that she had not hit him. Felix, on the other hand, was undaunted by this near miss... he just kept going while I attempted to get my heart going again. :drinking: Never, never, never again do I want to see that!

By the way... the "guy" Kristopher was talking about was a salesman for Quick Solutions, some type of multi-purpose cleaning solution.

erf yeah its scary.

Last year I was working at the practice, and a couple came in with a Newfie pup of about 4 mths old with no lead. I tell them to keep a hold on the dog and give them a lead. I go back into the surgery and hear commotion and yelling. I dashed outside just in time to see Yogi hit by car, and he was killed outright. It really saddened me and its a day that I keep in my mind and probably always will stay in my mind.

People that don't have a lead for their dog when coming into the surgery really annoy me and if they don't have a lead now, I physically put a lead around the dogs neck. A vivid image that I never want to see relived.

Yea, I have to agree I think the investment in the screen door is a good idea. And keep it LOCKED - not only for Felix, but for your son. Also,
I would try to teach your son to NOT open the door unless you're there.
There are too many horror stories of people's childern disappearing after having answered the door.....and too many weirdo's in the world.....

I am glad Felix is ok.