Dogomania

Food woes..... picky eater?

ferky1

A couple of weeks ago we decided to get Miles (4 month old, 6 pound shih tzu) off of puppy Eukanuba for various reasons; mainly because of the Iams company and his itchy skin. We very slowly began introducing him to puppy Wellness and he LOVED it! He has always left some food in his bowl but he made sure to get every morsel of Wellness.

Just when we were about to finish the last of the Euk and get him on 100% Wellness (about a 2 week process), he has stopped eating his meals almost entirely. We have pretty much ruled out any health problems because he is very active and playful, warm and loving and his personality hasn't changed a bit. Also, he still loves to gobble up his treats and chew on his rawhide (I have made sure not to give too much of either so he doesn't get filled up and try to substitute treats for his meals).

He is just not very interested in his food and we have tried going back to the Euk, he doesn't want either. We are considering going to a new food, maybe Innova or Natural Balance, but what is to stop him from gobbling those down for 2 weeks then stopping?

My head tells me that he is just being picky and I only need to wait until he gets hungry enough to eat, but my heart says to run out and get a new food and do that every 2 weeks for the rest of his life if that's what he needs! (well, maybe not).

what to do?

Does Wellness offer soft food? my dogs would not eat a bowl of dry food not mixed if their lives depended on it (I feed raw food now...but I used to feed kibble)
I have always put water in with the kibble put a couple of tablespoons of soft food in and mixed in a gravy...the smell is wonderful and my dogs used to just gobble it down..but, put down a bowl of just plain dry..they would leave it for days and turn up their noses! even when I mixed in just water that also improved the temptation of the food.