Dogomania

Vets again

marion

Poor Rosie, she had to go for another blood test this morning at 8.30am. Then she had to go back this afternoon at 2.30pm for another one, plus her annual booster. They said she could stay there save bringing her back, NO WAY, she's terrified of the vets there was no way I was going to leave her there. Anyway we had to take Ruby for her booster so it didn't make any difference. Rosie is now 29.5 kilo's she was 35 kilo's :lol: :lol: Ruby is 29.8 kilo's but she's a lot taller than Rosie.

Well a cat was hissing at them, Rosie had her head buried in my neck and Ruby's heart was pounding and her legs were shaking. They came out for Rosie first and she dug her back legs in, she wouldn't budge, they were tugging and tugging on her lead and she was pulling backwards, in the end Bri lifted her up and carried her in. They wouldn't let him stay with her while they took her blood, :x poor thing. When she came out it was Ruby's turn and she hightailed it to the door, "NO WAY are you getting me in there". Everything okay with Ruby, but we're still having a few problems with Rosie's skin. She's now got a rash under her chin. But better than it was. Then we got stuck in the chemist for nearly an hour waiting for a prescription for my thyroxine. :x :x :x

:angel: Both sleeping their stressful visit off now in their basket. :angel:

Maybe I am crazy and I know it is a different country, but I would not go to that vet again. There is no procedure except surgery that I can't be present for, and my dogs love their vet, she is extremely kind, gentle and loving to them. Seems to me maybe they have a reason to be so afraid. Something to think about anyway.

:-?

Same here, except my vet will judge the situation and what kind of surgery to decide whether or not to allow me to attend. I don't think I would be to wild about a vet saying I can't be in there to hold my babies head and calm them while they get examined, that would be like the doctor telling you to leave while they examine your human infant or toddler.

:angel:

Sorry your girls have such a hard time at the doggie doctor! It can be very stressful. I know how I feel when I have to go to the doctor. I loathe it.....nothing about it is good.

Poor babies... :puppydogeyes: :puppydogeyes: I hope they had a good nap!

They allowed him in when she had her booster and general examination, but not when they took her blood. I did find this strange, especially with Rosie being so nervous, you feel like you've abandoned them. But unfortunately I'm not mad on any of the vets in this area. Every one of them I have heard good and bad about. She knew what was coming that's why she buried her head deep in my neck.

Yeah Behle, I loathe my doctor, I won't go near her if at all possible, but it's very difficult in this town to get on another list. I even heard people talking about her in the supermarket, and when I go to pick a prescription up there's never anyone in there. She's done the surgery up and it looks fantastic, it's a pity she's not the same. She's ignorant, arrogant and she smells :x