Dogomania

Doggie Dillemma!! Help Me Guys!

Ok as some of you already know I don't have a dog currently but yesterday, Rowie, Deez, and I went to the shelter andI saw the CUTEST golden retriever and saluki mix dog! I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER!!!!
Her name is DiZzY!!! And it suits her! Her coat is a beige-ish with JUST the right tint of golden!!!
She's not aggressive at ALL, just a little playful..
And When I left her, she started crying (whining) and it just BROKE my heart!!! :cry:
All it took was that one story about how she whined when i left her, to convince my mom to come and see her tommorow! YAAY :D
But I'm not sure if she IS the right one for me...
What do you guys think I should do?

Hey Nadooshkinz,

I remember Dizzy very well! :lol: She certainly MADE you dizzy! :lol:

Dizzy reminded me so much of Rowie it scared me! Rowie always whines when we leave her cooped up somehwere, where she can't do anything, like play or play or play! :roll: Anyway, as we went up to Dizzy's cage (she had her very own cage or "section" unlike the rest! :roll:) she started getting all excited and whiney. Nadooshkinz fell in love with her and went to "console" her, while me and Deez looked at the other dogs/puppies. Deez fell in love with a kitten, and I fell in love with a puppy who had worms( poor guy he was really dirty, I needed to give him a bath! :cry: )... :)

ANYWAY, Nadoosh what I think you should do is ask the BSPCA if you can take her home with you on a "trial". See if she is good at home, if she is house trained, is scared of certain substances....etc. Then if all goes well ( don't pass anything she does wrong as a "mistake" or "she's bound to grow out of it"), you can adopt her! Make sure she has all the basics. Also, ask the BSPCA what her personality is like, what tricks she already knows, how old she is, if she has had any behavriol problems before, and was she an owner surrender (if so, why?) or a stray.

It will take a lot of time, and begging, but I'm sure Dizzy will be in your arms soon! :D

THANKYOU GUYS!
Your all so supportive! Thanks for the words of encouragement and all the advice!
I'll let you guys know if all goes well!!! I hope!
:angel: I'm so EXCITED!!!!

Oh well, I must leave now! :cry:
I'll see you guys tommorow!
Thanks again for all your support!

She sounds like a lovely mix! A trial is always a good idea, we got Belladonna on trial but instantly fell in love with her and so decided we have no choice but to keep her :D
I'm sure you'll do the same with Dizzy :wink: :angel:

Nadooshkins!!! Yes!! Your mother agreed to see her!! :D I think that you should go and let your mother see Dizzy.. If your mom likes her and YOU like her (which u do), then I think you should go with Rowie.. A trial is the best way to see if she is the one... But I think she is, you two had a "connection" :wink: .

She didn't seem aggressive, like all of your OTHER pets.. :wink: You know, just GO for it!! :D I would!

Guest Anonymous

Thankyou Deez!
yes i think i will go for it! I want her so BAD!! I mean I felt as if it was destiny that brought us together!
What am I saying? Ok, Rowie's right she DID make me Dizzy!

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Oh, by the way, forgot to add, you and Dizzy seemed like the perfect match! :D I think you should go with it...but make sure you do all of the above! :D

(Guys, Dizzy is soooo cute! I'll ask my cuzin to give me her Digi cam or Deez can give us hers so we can take pics! :D)[/quote]

Rowie, I guess you're going to have to take it from your cousin!! I told you a thousand times the digital camera is for my brother!! :roll:

I think the best thing you can do is research - read up about the different breeds in her, and talk to the rescue centre about whether you're suitable for her and vice versa. She could be cute looking, but might have other problems or needs that you cant offer, or she might be perfect! Talk to your parents about whether they want a dog (sorry I don't know how old you are, so forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick!), and if so - what size, temperament, activity level etc.
She sounds lovely - but remember that not all dogs are right for all people, if you get me :) Looks aren't everything - don't pick a dog 'cos it's cute, pick it because you can offer it a wonderful home with everything it needs, and it can offer you what you want in return, love and companionship.
I hope she is perfect for you though! :D