Dogomania

Its a miracle!!!!!!

Aroura

:D :D :D
You know how I was having all those problems with Lily trying to fight every dog she came across? Well, as you know, I got her desexed the other week hoping it may stop at least some of the agression. Well I took her to training this morning and it was like I had a whole knew dog! :angel:
As soon as we got there she started bouncing the end of her lead to get to the Pit Bull, who is the friendliest dog at training so I thought "we'll let them meet and see how they go". Within seconds the two dogs are jumping ontop of each other going crazy, just playing!!! And it got better, Lily wanted to play with every single dog she saw all morning and didn't start a single fight!!!! :thumbs: Its a dream come true... only thing is that normally she's the most obedient dog at training, always 100% focused on me, well today she was so busey trying to get to the other dogs she wouldn't listen to a word I said! I'm not complaining though, I havn't seen her like this since she was 6 months old! Its wierd though, who would have thought desexing a dog could change its behavior so drastically for the better??? :beerchug:

Guest Anonymous

That's great to hear!! You should share this story with a lot of ppl, 'pecially those who think it's "wrong" to desex their pet!

Yeah well I'm going to share the story with everyone seeing as its too much of a good story not to share!!!! I'm just amazed at how much better she is!!! We will definately be having a much more relaxed and fun time, especially with competition day coming up where she'll graduate and then they always have all these doggie games :wink:
She'll be ready for agility soon too! :D

Quote: Its wierd though, who would have thought desexing a dog could change its behavior so drastically for the better???

Neutering takes away the natural sexual urge, which "demotes" the dog to
becoming a "lesser" member in the pack. They know this instinctively -
In a wolf pack, only the Alpha's (and accasionally the Beta's, depending on pack size) are allowed to mate. He knows he cant mate - so he can no longer be pack lead, so now it's in his best interests to make friends with the other dogs. ALl of their instincts lead them to pack law - You are now his alpha and if you remain that way, he will obey you when he gets through training.

It was a good decision - Most of us here tend to believe that if you are not going to breed the dog, it's in everyone's interests to get them neutered, especially in a hostile dog situation.

This helps cut down on the possibility that he will wander off too.

Good luck!

:D

I'm so happy for you!

I'm getting Ben fixed on tuesday. Recently he has started to become VERY territorial and has tried to mount even ME!! And I have made it perfecly clear that I'm the boss in the house! He has NEVER EVER before done that, but now...!!
I really hope that will stop, because this has gone far enough. He tries to mount even every single stranger that walks into our home unless he's busy tryeing to keep that sranger away barking like he's completely mad!
He's got a lot of courage recently and faces even the biggest dogs pretty bravely. He gets better along with small dogs. I'm so mad at my EX neighbourgs EX dog for scaring Ben to the point where he is afraid of every single dog! It has taken nearly TWO YEARS to get him to the point that he can even SNIFF another dog. (Ben wans't even 8 weeks when he was scared by that dog so he wet himself and he's been scared of dogs ever since.) I'm just happy that the idiotic neigbourghs have moved!

Aargh! I can get so mad just thinking about that!!! :mad:

Well, I'll stop yelling and screaming now and leave you guys alone... :oops:

/Crest

Crested, firstly I'd like to say what a gorgeous dog Ben is!!!! :D
Secondly, I'd like to say congrats on the decision to get him desexed. I'm still paying Lilys desexing off but I'm so glad I've had her done now, ontop of everything else I don't have to worry about her getting pregnant or having a high risk of getting certain cancers. Kinda off the topic, but my friend was saying the other day how one day a while back their male dog, Kirby raped their gorgeous bitch, Taffy. Anyways, what happend is that they found Taffy lying in the yard not moving and she would yelp whenever they picked her up so they took her to the vets and it turned out she had internal bleeding. Ouch, not only that but she was pregnant too :( Another reason to desex female dogs! I don't know about Ben but desexing should prevent him humping things and posibly make him stop being quite so uncertain about other dogs because he will possibly feel less competition? I'm not sure, but lets hope so anyway :wink:
I know what you mean about your neighbours dog, its the most frustrating thing when someone elses careless behavior conditions your dog in such a way it may never be cured :evilbat: Like our neighbours letting their kids harrass Lily to the point she gets her hackles up, barks and growls at every kid she meets :evil:

Aroura: Thanks... Ben IS gorgeus! Exept when you try to give him a bath.

I just realized something... A dog is a useless peace of junk... Ben for example just sunbathes all day long, plays with his toys, eats, goes out to do his... "buissness" and goes sunbathing again. Who ever would want a dog like THAT?! :lol: ME!!! I WANT A DOG LIKE THAT... On second thought... I HAVE a dog like that alredy!! :lol::lol::lol:

/Crest