Dogomania

I AM SOOOO PO'....

courtnek

I am watching show on MSNBC... about "fighting dogs..." most of them are dogs bred and trained to fight.... Pit Bulls. mostly..

They show these dogs, kept outside and in pens, no contact with real, loving, people, and they wonder "why are these dogs so vicious?"

Why do they attack? Why do they fight with each other?

THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ELSE!!!

God, it makes me sooooo mad!!!!!

I want the owners CHARGED AND JAILED for their treatment!!!

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???

The Pit Bull next door gets along fine with my dogs.. My labbie had issues with him, but now they do fine together....

I dont believe that APBT's are "bad"dogs, just bred for something
we dont all agree with.
grrrr.....

Monday's (the 24th - tomorrow) Animal Cops on Animal Planet is supposed to be dealing with dog fighting, big time. Cops involved and everything... I know what you mean. Those irresponsible, ignorant people never learn. All they care about is making $$$ cuz they bet on the dogs, pay big $$$ for a strong fighter, and charge people to watch the "show." Rggg! :evil: How can they not see the cruelty in the sport? Seriously, are they crazy for thinking that it's okay to do, As long as there's $$$ involved? The main problem is, that those "poor" people who end up with fighting dogs don't get their dogs fixed, so when they don't want their "weak" dogs anymore, they throw them out, causing them to reproduce, producing feral dogs, maybe picked up again to be trained to fight, the people get arrested, and all the dogs get PTS. RGGGGGGGG!

READ THIS: Absolutely evil and wicked!

Ananova:

Video footage showed dog fights

Video footage of battling dogs has been seized from the home of an owner claimed by the RSPCA to be "heavily involved" in dog fighting, a court has heard.

A dog called Red, said by the RSPCA to be a pit bull, was seen in a violent tussle with a chained black animal, from which it was eventually separated.

The incident took place in the backyard of David Reeves, 38, Truro magistrates court in Cornwall heard.

Reeves has pleaded not guilty to a charge of causing, procuring or assisting at animal fighting or baiting, and to three charges of permitting unnecessary suffering to Red.

He has also denied two charges under the Dangerous Dogs Act of possessing for fighting Red and another dog called Milly - both of whom are claimed by the RSPCA to be pit bull terriers.

A second video clip also showed Red tussling with two black dogs in fields near Reeves' home in Lanner, near Redruth, Cornwall.

Other video footage showed Red's jaws clamped onto a padded cloth held by Reeves.

RSPCA prosecutor Paul Rogers said when officers from the charity raided Reeves' home with the police last August, Red and Milly were among five dogs there.

Red had what appeared to be recent wounds to his face and head - for which there had been no veterinary treatment - but Reeves said the animal had accidentally fought with his mastiff in the garden.

David Evans, defending, said it was being contested that either Red or Milly were pit bulls.

RSPCA inspector Alistair Keen, cross examined by Mr Evans, agreed that other parts of the videos seized from Reeves' home showed his dogs playing with his girlfriend and daughter.

Story filed: 14:47 Monday 20th May 2002

Are you interested in this type of story?
If you're an Orange customer you can follow this subject on your phone. Find out how

Animal welfare

Related stories:
25-year pet ban for woman who drowned puppies
16:31 Thursday 6th February 2003

Burgled woman banned from keeping animals for life
12:36 Friday 17th May 2002

More related stories

Check for more on:
Dogs
Crime
Animal welfare
UK

[quote name='Shannon_C']:( 1. Its because animals can't talk back. If only.......these sick peoples lives would not be the same. and also because they have been given an evil heart.

2. There money grabbers. How they can live with themselves is beyond me but a lot of this probably involves drugs has well.[/quote]
there are other ways of making money :(

In Shannon's post it states that the punishment for some people is a life ban on owning animals or 25 year ban etc..... while this is a good start it is not enough. These people need to be hit with BIG fines, ie $10,000.00

These people don't care if they never get to own a pet. As they are doing what they are doing for money they need to be hit in the hip pocket.

I agree completely!!! HIT THEM IN THE HIP POCKET!! take away some of their ill-earned gains and then see what happens....I could go for jail time too....

Rott, I posted this story elsewhere, but here in Chicago there was a guy who owned a Rott and a Pitt - in Chicaog there is a law against owning any kind of "dangerous dog" without a special license. He left the Rott and the Pit OUTSIDE ALL THE TIME! In Chicago weather. It was 9 degrees last weekend!!

The dogs managed to somehow get in the house, and one of them bit the little girl. Both of them were confiscated, and he was charged with NOT HAVING THE LICENSE!!! Grrrrr.....

I'm sure they'll both be put down now, and no one bothered to charge him with endangering the safety of the animals, (9 degrees is TOO damn cold for a short haired dog) or not socializing them to get along with people, or
leaving them outside all the time....it just makes me sick...I think the
proabale $100.00 or whatever fine he'll get is not enough!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

:evil:

Guest Anonymous

the crime should be the punishment, the guy should have to go a few rounds with a certified bare-knuckle boxer and then be left outside in just his underwear for a few days without food and then fined for neglecting his animals. Too bad there are laws against cruel and unusual punishment. Just owning a dog is a pivilage and most people act like its this big chore, noone says you have to have a dog if you dont want one dont get one. I dont understand how you can go out and actively seek something just to torture and ignore it. There is really something wrong with people. I like the whole license thing though, there should be a bredd knowledge test to make sure people know what they are getting into before they get a dog, not just "dangerous" breeds (is there such a thing) any dog high energy dogs, and big time barkers, highly protective dogs, and hard to train dogs, i think it would stop a lot o people from getting that cute little puppy if they knew what if was going to become and all the work that it will take to train them too.

Oh well, in a perfect world i guess :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Actually depending on where you go the ine for dog fighting is up 150,000 and thats just for watching one, not organizing or owning dogs and equipment, those are all additional fines and additional time behind bars. what you have to remeber is that the dogs are making the owners a lot of money some people have 30 or 40 dogs and are making 30 or 40,000 out of them, so it is a very lucrative business. the risk they takes is to them quite worth it. since odds are they will just lose their dogs and have to start over. its like drug dealers they know if they get caught they are going to jail but the money is so fast and easy they do it anyway. Its something that calls to the barbaric nature of humans, that same thing that makes you slow down and look when you see a car accident, that same thing that makes you watch the indy 500 for car crashes or watch the news when you know something is happening in the world. Its a human trend most of us have the heart to know if is wrong to put your best friend and family in a pit to die, but to some of the people they are not the family pet they are simply a dog. Now there are also some that do love thier dogs and when they leave the pit they are going into the home to be with the family, that i would say is probably not the majority though. I couldnt fathom "rolling" one of my boys no matter the price.
To me thats not love, when you love something you dont wish harm for it and you defiantely dont purposely put it in harms way, maybe thats just me though.

People who get dogs only to put them in pits and fight um absolutly disgust me!!!!! If I EVER [b]EVER [/b]saw anyone who does that I'd KILL THEM!!! :evil: Dogs are not just animals, lawn orniments, or a way to make money!!! They're living organisms with souls and a heart. I can't now, and never will, figure out how you can be such a cruel, heartless, perverted, piece of cr@p person... no- you wouldn't be a person at all. :evilbat:

I agree with Rott n' Pitt, their punishment should be their crime!!!! Either that or just shoot um! and I really like that idea of having to get a special liscence to have "mean" dog breeds. It would eliminate some of that cr@p out their. :(

Guest Anonymous

I don't think a lisence on owning a "mean dog" would do it quite frankly. They would just got and use other breeds instead. I know that if a "dog fighter" came across my Hazel (since she's aggressive) he'd prob not think twice about picking her up to put in the pitts probably. Or any other aggressive dog at that. But it does help, seeing as that way they wouldn't have as "Good" of a fight as they would with other breeds.

I agree with Court as well, take all their clothes :evilbat: