BARF, To Be or NOT to Be?

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

No but I should be!!!!!!!!

I do need to get some more for my babes.....

They sure love me when I get them...although they have a funny way of showing it. Give 'em a pizzle and they end up on their pillow for the rest of the pizzle's life! :wink:

OK, this pc is too slow so I just had to turn to the last page and read, I remember when I was a child a friend of mine used to have this dog, I think it was a mutt, and they give it one Kg, of liver everyday and that was it, add water, and he was very strong, so that's one kind of BARF, I recently switched to Barf but need to come up with a diet of some sorts, I just been giving them chicken and they love it.
(I'll try and read the rest of this tread)

[quote name='jcbrooke3']You guys remember the dog I told you about? The "Mutt" that I got from the local shelter? Well, Buddy was the BEST dog I have ever had. Very loyal, gentle, VERY WELL BEHAVED. You name it...you couldn't have asked for better. Well, I was fixing dinner one night. I had to use the bathroom, I left the kitchen like I'd done a billion times before. This time was different though. Buddy pulled the two boneless steaks off of the counter and ate them. Before I could even get back! At 2:00 the following morn. I awoke to my dog throwing up. In the end, A BACTERIA IN THE MEAT ATE THE LINING OF MY DOG'S STOMACH! [/quote]
My guess here, like Newf said, some dogs can't handle barf, I've been giving it to them for a week now and they are doing fine, and before that I would come home and find their plates full with uneaten dog pellets, Isn't dog food supposed to be meat and veggies and stuff? So go natural, not you JCB, I see you already made up your mind.

[quote name='gigishiba'][quote="corgilady
went to petsmart today....hunted for pizzle.....got tickled & had to leave! :lol: :lol: :lol:

why don't you guys start a NEW THREAD? why don't you call it.....[size=2]pizzle.[/size]

Corgi, they are called BULLY STICKS at PetCo, maybe if you look under that? They are sold individually, not packaged.....maybe that will help you find them! :wink:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/maniacdoglovers/dance.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/maniacdoglovers/dance.gif[/img][img]http://www.geocities.com/maniacdoglovers/dance.gif[/img][/quote][/quote]

Gigi -- !! It was a secret! Now Corgilady and Sashagirl will go buy the entire shipment!!

Stiff are you now or are you planning on giving your dogs supplements?

Newfiemom -- would you post your hard biscuit recipe? I'm interested in it for my dogs. AND what, if any, supplements do you give your dogs?

Dad4duchess -- I don't use BARF; no raw meat from the store, only farm raised and killed meat. Let me clarify this: this is not their staple diet -- it is only a supplement and a small one at that (when available).

Has anyone known of a chicken-killing dog dieing from eating the chicken? Besides dieing from lead poisoning? :wink:

Guest Anonymous

No advertising....I wouldn't want to be black balled from the forum!!! :oops:

Now, I'm making pizzle casserole tonight if anyone is interested....come on over for supper!

Pizzle on the brain... wonder what Freud would say? :D

Seriously: this topic has been really informative and a wealth of information for scientifically inept people like myself... whatever floats your boat (or the dog's boat) seems to be the best thing. :wink:

What were pet dogs fed on before canned food came along, and before BARF was an "official" food choice? (I am guessing a variant of BARF?)

Also... I know this has been asked before but now that bk is inside his flatulence is making it hard to breathe :roll: would a gradual change of diet work or should I try something like charcoal tablets first?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']Mei-Mei,
I have tons of them. I thought we started this once before but I don't remember if that was separate or not. If not, I have a million of them!!! I think I might do an internet dog biscuit business instead of going back to work!!![/quote]

I'll come work for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can be like one of those NY dog shops!!

Guest Anonymous

Come on Newfie mom...where are we gonna start this shop at????

It'll have to be BIG to hold your four.....my two are pretty small in comparison! :wink:

OK, I know, I know, I'm LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x Ok, pages too much, so i'll just post what I think about the situation....

Ok, JC tryi'n to pull our leg here? You just asked in another post what the h-e-l-l BARF was??????????????????????????????????????????????

HOW CAN YOU HAVE 3 YEARS OF REASEARCH IF YOU JUST FOUND OUT WHAT BARF IS?????????????????????????????

FURTHERMORE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LIE TO US PLEASE WAIT A LITTLE UNTIL YOU GO ON SAY'IN THAT YOU HAVE "YEARS OF REASEARCH"

aND IF YOUR DOG DIED....U DON'T SEEM TO BE UPSET ABOUT IT....WHY IF MY DOG DIED .....WHY I WOULD....

ANYWAY, LISTEN IF YOU WANNA LIE AND THROW UR TRASH AWAY GO DO IT ON ANOTHER FORUM NOT DOGO.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I made a mistake????????????

Please help me out here???????????

Anyway....waiting for replay......

Guest Anonymous

Just wanted to say to Rowie-the-Pooh that your signature graphic at the bottom of your posts is the most powerful one I've ever seen. You just can't believe your eyes when you see such a horrible sight as that one and you wonder how Man can be so cruel to such a loyal and devoted friend : ((

msptato

[quote name='K']Wouldn't you just love 3 foot by 4 foot glossy posters of it to go around supergluing to every pet shop window?....I know I would.... :x[/quote]

K --- go the original website and if it's not copy writed, enlarge the photo, print it out, get a bottle of super glue and GO GLUE'em all over town. :wink: