Dogomania

The History of a breed

Guest roo

Guest Anonymous

:o BK_blue, Tomson is SOO CUTE & ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :o :lol: Sorry about poor Peebo....

Deepseasnake: I have a Golden Retriever too! Aren't the the GREATEST?!?! :)

Goldenluver!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

LOL thanks Goldenluver. I love Golden Retrievers too, they're just so big and fluffy!! How many do you have, or is one enough!! Blitz loves Goldies too- there were 3 at the park today and he tried to hump all of them *embarrassed headshake* :oops:
what breed should we do next? Australian Cattle Dog- but I'm biased :lol:

I picked up a pup from the local PAWS branch about 3 years ago we named her Nikki and that was that.
my neighbor had a HUGE golden named Bosco and THAT was THAT.
well nikki broke out at the same time Bosco broke out and off they went to make puppies, nikki was not even 2 years old and when we found her we had no idea what had gone on. For the most part she didn't even look pregnant she would just act a little unusual. after awhile her nipples started to fill so we took her to the vet. The vet said that she was NOT pregnant and that everyting we noticed was cuz she was in heat, ( :roll: yeah right) well needless to say she gave birth a few weeks after the vet told us for the 2nd time she wasnt pregnant. She had one male pup that was the size of about 6 we named him oscar and he is now the funniest, playfullist, dumb as a doornob dog I have ever seen absolutly gigantic to we got more hilarious puppy stories out of that one dog than most families get in a life time.

by the way both dogs are now neutered and spad :)

oh I LOVE Goldens!!!...I have an uncle in Canada who breeds and shows them...they are SO smart! When I was a little girl I used to spend as much time as possible at the kennels helping out...in return my uncle used to let me tag along when he was showing his dogs or doing obedience demonstrations. I SO wanted a Golden when I was growing up. THEN I met my sister's Boxers and the rest is history...LOL...My boxer boy is THE best dog you could ask for...but I still would love to have a Golden someday.....and maybe a Dobe...ooooh and a pug....hmmmm...I think I need to move to a farm :wink:

Guest Anonymous

See, everyone can learn something from these boards. Deepsnake, I was very surprised to learn that PAWS, or any other rescue would let an unaltered dog leave their place. I really was flabbergasted and had no idea. I'm glad you got a really nice girl from them though.

I dont understand, why not? ohh you mean the spad (spaid?) thing, I think they told me she was to young or something, I had to sign papers that said I would get her fixed a year after I got her which I did...it was just a bit to late :oops:

smooshie you sound just like me,
my next dog to be a boxer :lol: then an american bulldog then a shar pei then a neopolitan mastiff, then another husky (with blue eyes) then a british bulldog....and on and on

I think I need my own Island :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']Yep same here...I have 2 Staffs and a Saint but would like a British Bulldog (going to look at a litter sunday) and a Dogo Argentino and a red nose Pit....and possibly a Boerboele to guard them all....I need a bigger garden!!![/quote]

K! You make me laugh! You weren't going to get another babe...and here you are looking at a litter on Sunday!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Guest Anonymous

OH jeeze....If I could list all the dogs I want.....

Some day....I'll need a farm though, to have room for all of them to run!!!

hi guys,
Just thought id let you know i have 8 gorgeous dogs .They range in ages from 4months to 12 years old .They are all absolutely wonderful.I live on a farm and train them to do sheep herding and we compete in trials .My dogs are all but one german koolies youve probably never heard of them they are short haired merle colored dogs supposedly the aussie sheperd is a desendant of them .The other dog I have is a lab/gold ret. shes the old matron of the bunch .The other day at the spritely age of 12 she decided to start working sheep it was so funny i nearly wet myself she was bouncing around them like a pup i told my hubby we should take her in a trial he said there was no way he was working sheep with a labx in public he no fun eh????

Guest Anonymous

Ha! The guy at out petstore gets things because he knows I will not leave without them! I cannot tell you how many corals I have in my tank because of my addiction. Thankfully my husband has no idea how much money has gone into that small space in the living room, he'd probably feint dead!
And don't get me started on guppies.... I just love guppies!
And then I walk down the dog treat isle, well Hazel is still young and she doesn't know about all the different toys, so then we just have to try them all out right? I tell ya it's a good thing that I have friends with dogs or we'd be overrun with dog toys that Hazel didn't like... and there are so many more to go! :lol:

A medium sized gundog ,with coat of basic white flecked with black,lemon or liver.
Has a long lean head with oval shaped eyes which range from hazel to dark brown in colour. Ears moderately long & low set. Long slightly arched neck,well laid shoulders,deep chest,muscular forequarters with straight well boned legs.Medium length of body.Strong hindquarters.Well padded feet & .moderate length of tail
Free & elegant mover. That's as much as I know about English setters not being a gundog person
Ickle

Guest Anonymous

The Irish Setter was outcrossed with them when the Irish was "over" bred to bring back in its qualities for hunting but had to be registered as a Red Setter. Most of AKC working Irish's derived from this breeding!

Father raised them for trials 8 yrs in Texas. There is a Llewellin and a Laverack English setter. Also the names of the 2 men who first recorded and bred these dogs). Llewellin Setters dominated the field trials for a long time and earned their own place in the FSDB. Can make excellent family dogs! Are extremely beautiful to see and to watch work in a field doing what they love! These dogs can point a bird at 8-12wks it is really amazing!