Dogomania

This can't be good...

Here's the deal. Sassy has been on ear meds for an ear infection. I was putting her drops in and I noticed she had a patch of hair on the side of her face under her earflap that's red, inflamed, and in a complete circle. Of course it was after normal vet hours, so we rang the emergancy vet, and the tech said it's possiable it's ringworm. I'm wondering if maybe she scratched her self when her ears were bothering her, or a reaction to the ear meds. I tried to get a decent picture of it but she wouldn't sit still.. I guess this means another $100 trip to the vet :-? Anyway to tell if it is just iratation or ringworm?

From what you describe, she very well could have just really irritated it from scratching at her ears. Now, this certainly is not meant as diagnostic stuff, but a good many of the dogs I see with ear infections often have open sores right behind/under their ears or on their cheeks from scratching at their ears. If it's not already open and weepy, clearing her ears up ought to clear up the sore. Again, that's IF it's just from where she's been scratching, but it's a very real possibility (which, in the grand scheme of things, would be a good thing).

Well good news it is just a bit of iratation from her ears. She was a good girl today, didn't bark or growl at the vet once. She also had a anal gland check, which wasn't pleasnt!!And she also got her nails done for free. It was a great trip, she even got a jerky for being a good girl for them.. :D